Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Problems with base cap colors leaking onto figures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cartchamp
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After leaving the blue caps on my figures for 1 week, I found that the color had leached onto the figures. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That stinks. I've left them on for a week and haven't had that problem, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weird. It might be an issue with humidity or something? My figures are painted so I haven't noticed. I did magnetize the bases though and put small metal washers on the bases of the figures so that I don't have to snap them on and off. Never seen the color come off them though, that is a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never happened to me... I left the orange caps on for about 2 1/2 weeks once... For some reason they don't fit on the exclusive figures very well at all and I didn't feel like rEmoving them. But they were fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atila Kawauti
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very odd, never happened to me. If this ever happens to me I'll probably try to use a sand paper to clean it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Kennedy
United States
Cleveland
Tn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had the plastic of the figures go pink with handling while I have been painting my miniatures. Of course, once I paint over them this doesn't happen. Maybe it is related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My figures have been stored (I haven't actually played the game yet). Many of my exclusives are getting pink spots. I test fitted two bases and the minis' bases edges turned pink too. Not a big deal as the minis are still in perfect shape otherwise, and it hasn't changed their functionality.

I doubt it affects their worth (must have something to do with the white dye they used, one promo came partially pink from the kickstarter in her sealed box). Good to know others are experiencing the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Arydis4 wrote:
I have had the plastic of the figures go pink with handling while I have been painting my miniatures. Of course, once I paint over them this doesn't happen. Maybe it is related.

I have pink leaked as well. No big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Villars
Switzerland
Eschlikon
flag msg tools
mb
my figures went pink too... never had that with other miniature games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aber
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Pictures here seem to show a similar problem? What I think is that:

It looks like a pigment/plasticizer/dye bleed problem. Essentially, there are mobile molecules in the plastic that are coming to the surface, and then (because the colored plastic is touching the white plastic) diving into the base of the other miniature. Without knowing more about how they made the miniatures, I can't really say if this is due to how the plastic was compounded from the start, or if it is due to some improper rework grind material being added.

You probably aren't going to be able to remove it without physically removing plastic, although a layer of white model paint/primer should cover it and would probably prevent any further bleed (hard to say exactly, as I don't know what materials are actually bleeding).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.