Subject: Availability in Australia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I desperately want to pick this game up in the next couple months, but are struggling to find copies here in Australia...anyone know any retailers down under that have copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not to buy the game at some international online shop, that has delivery to Australia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeriusDen wrote:
Why not to buy the game at some international online shop, that has delivery to Australia?

I think in the past this would have been possible, but with the Australian $ sitting at 70c to the US$, as well as shipping, it would be extremely expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm living in Russia. Don't even tell me about "extremely expensive shipping"! Recently I got Tezla with +$20 for delivery, Krang for +10 Euro for delivery.

Shipping a game like Mage Knight from the USA will be ~ $45-$70 here. I can reduce it to $20-$25 in a big order, with many games taken.

In Russia, people gather at forums etc to make big orders of 10-25 games, to reduce shipping costs per one game (measured in weight).

The point is - we somehow get used to live with it, and I have Mage Knight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked with Coolstuff. Mage Knight doesn't ship out of the US. So the OP cannot buy it that way.

I have no doubt that shipping to Russia is very expensive as well.
Shipping of a game of a similar weight as Mage Knight to Australia was US$65 at the cheapest and for a more priority shipping was US$119.
So you are certainly in good company when it comes to being expensive to ship to friend. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Australia
flag msg tools
jam gamers wrote:
Hi all,

I desperately want to pick this game up in the next couple months, but are struggling to find copies here in Australia...anyone know any retailers down under that have copies?

I hate to tell you, but I am an aussie who just bought this game last week at The Games Capital, I just checked and they have updated the stock to "out of stock", so chances are I picked up one of the last "cheap" copies in Australia...

Of course, finding a decently priced copy is hard because most of them are sold out (I tried a whole bunch of retailers before this and basically all of them had it sold out or were priced at something silly)

Since The Games Capital did have it in stock, it is possible they will get it back in stock again, but I can't be sure. Have you tried personally contacting a place who sells it but has it out of stock? You say you want to pick it up within the next couple of months, it is very possible someone will have a copy by then. Lots of people have recommended Joe Dodgeys, Games Empire and Games Capital, so try those places to start with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
jam gamers wrote:
Hi all,

Your best bet would be OzGameShop it's not the cheapest for Australia but seems to be the only one in stock based off Boardgame Search, from speaking with my FLGS they mentioned WizKids only has 1 distributor in AU, I think it's - Ikon, maybe send them an email?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
Just checked with Coolstuff. Mage Knight doesn't ship out of the US. So the OP cannot buy it that way.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ssearch?q=mage+knight
This should be the best option. (Yes, CoolStuff won't ship.)

Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
So you are certainly in good company when it comes to being expensive to ship to friend. meeple

Yes, seems so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting to see why the international games expos like Essen are so huge. I'm also starting to realize how lucky I am to live in the US. I've only ever gotten one game via international shipping (Three Kingdoms Redux) and that cost me about the same as what you guys are saying (around $60-70 shipping only). I couldn't even imagine what I would do if I had to pay that for every game I had shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah was looking at ozgameshop....are they australian or from the UK..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
jam gamers wrote:
Yeah was looking at ozgameshop....are they australian or from the UK..?

They are based in the UK but sell to Australia hence all prices in AUD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do the games ship from the uk or here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
jam gamers wrote:
Do the games ship from the uk or here?

Usually it'll ship from the UK, some video games ship locally as they hold stock here sometimes but even from the UK it's quite quick, about 5-10 days on average about the same as BookDepository.

I think they use Royal Mail from the UK and Auspost once it gets here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note. Maybe I miss something, but Mage Knight in Miniature Market is $55 and shipping will be around $65 (I measured Russia), that makes $120 total. Mind that, for example, if you add both expansions available, delivery will be $80 for them and the base game, that means just $15 added to shipping cost.

At the same time OzGameShop sells Mage Knight for $112 without shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
DeriusDen wrote:
Just a note. Maybe I miss something, but Mage Knight in Miniature Market is $55 and shipping will be around $65 (I measured Russia), that makes $120 total. Mind that, for example, if you add both expansions available, delivery will be $80 for them and the base game, that means just $15 added to shipping cost.

At the same time OzGameShop sells Mage Knight for $112 without shipping.
Only issue there is that $120 is in USD not AUD, currently $120USD = $168AUD which means sadly getting anything outside of Australia currently and delivered will be more expensive than local or some UK sites like OzGameShop or BookDepository.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Tactics in WA has it according to their web site: http://www.tactics.net.au/shop/product/mage_knight_board_gam...

In April, I ended up buying from Goodgames - I asked at one store if they could look up which stores had copies and went there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
Google: mage knight site:au

found several for between %~90-110.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just placed my order from ozgameshop....looking foward to recieving this awesome game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.