Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
As Alban offered an up to 3 people group buy at the Essen fair with a saving of 10€ per person if one buys 3 copies, i am looking for 2 other people interested in getting the game and saving 10€ each.

i already ordered 1 copy a long time ago, but i would extend my order to 3 if we manage to get 3 people together. I am all days at the fair and we could easily meet anywhere to trade with you and give you the games.

If someone already preordered 2 copies i can for sure drop mine if he picks up a third for me.

Anyone interested in saving a 10€ at the fair?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that this was how Alban intended this to be used. I'm ordering one, but I don't want to just take money out of his pocket for a poorly designed pickup option. I certainly wouldn't be posting my intentions to do so in a public place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is an offer open to everybody. So why not use it? It is no offence against Alban. But if he is against it, he can geekmail me and i am happy to remove it. But until then why not try to save bucks for us gamers who always need to save a few bucks for even more games to buy at essen.

Oh and for whom is this group deal then? Why should people save money if they buy 2 more for friends who cant attend, but if all attend we are not allowed to save cash? That seems more than weird. But please explain me what i am missing here and what this offer is for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
I don't think he would like that.
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe
mbmbmbmbmb
Alban said in his email, "I hope to help the Essen Mules"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I offer this possibility for those who can not make the fair and ask their friends for one copy who are lucky to go to Essen.

If your call is for the non Essen attendees, I like it because that was the idea.

I also offer for free the Stretch Goals of the KS campaign (which publishers are doing that gesture ?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks Alban.

What i don't get is:

Why do people not attending Essen get it 10€ cheaper if one carries the games home for 2 others, but we who are going there have to pay 10€ more.
So you want me to stay home to get it cheaper and find someone picking it up for me? It is just weird.

That does not make any sense for me. Or i am dumb as hell and don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption is that Alban is suggesting that the discount gets kept by the mule, and not the additional buyers, so that the mule can profit from helping Alban to sell additional games.

It's a little too easy to abuse IMO, but it comes from the right place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mottchen wrote:
Ok thanks Alban.

What i don't get is:

Why do people not attending Essen get it 10€ cheaper if one carries the games home for 2 others, but we who are going there have to pay 10€ more.
So you want me to stay home to get it cheaper and find someone picking it up for me? It is just weird.

That does not make any sense for me. Or i am dumb as hell and don't get it.

When I was a mule for my friends, they gave me some money to pick up some games at the fair, that's the compensation I am offering

But it is true, everyone can abuse every system, many false reviewers are asking for free copies, false resellers are asking for retailers prices as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand what you are trying to achieve. But it would never work out in Daniel B-Gs way. My friends may not attend, but they know the prices you're offering. So they would try to split it by 3 and we are back at 50€ each. And i am a friend not a seller so i would never ask them to give me 60 and i get it for 30€. That's not what friends are for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One year, I was a mule and I had to bring at home 14 x 7-Wonders. It was the year, the publisher was offering the Tee-shirts of different sizes, and other signed stuffs... My car was parked far away from the entries doors of the fair and I spent at least 2 hours and a half only for this game.

Then when I came back at home, I had to sort out each orders, with special cards, correct size of tee shirts, the box and so on... I also had to ship the orders in the 4 corners of France... I was happy to get extra euros

The discount I am offering is a gesture for the mules because the box is big as well (but very useful if you also preordered some Taiwan games or minimalist games indeed = )

If you think I am offering a too large discount, just pay the right price, you would help an independent designer in the best way as possible =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
One year, I was a mule and I had to bring at home 14 x 7-Wonders. It was the year, the publisher was offering the Tee-shirts of different sizes, and other signed stuffs... My car was parked far away from the entries doors of the fair and I spent at least 2 hours and a half only for this game.

Then when I came back at home, I had to sort out each orders, with special cards, correct size of tee shirts, the box and so on... I also had to ship the orders in the 4 corners of France... I was happy to get extra euros

The discount I am offering is a gesture for the mules because the box is big as well (but very useful if you also preordered some Taiwan games or minimalist games indeed = )

If you think I am offering a too large discount, just pay the right price, you would help an independent designer in the best way as possible =)

You sir, need better friends I never mule more than 20% of the stuff I bring back (granted, I also have the biggest gaming budget amongst my friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Alban,

don't you think that was too much? I would never do that in that size. Next time take 10 of them with you and let each carry 1-2 games.

If anyone near cologne is interested in this game and not attending Spiel, feel free to contact me. If you want it shipped i have to check for shipping, but may do that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.