Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
871 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [35] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Barnes & Noble] $2 B&N Fall Red Dot Clearance Sale Has Begun! *First Post Updated Regularly* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$2 Final Clearance Confirmed Happy Hunting All!

Please be specific when posting noting the store location and exact titles spotted. (Was it the Fluxx/Game of Thrones board game or card game? Dominion base game or Dark Ages?)

Memory is fallible, snap pics. Only takes one false report to send people all across the country on a wild goose chase price checking that game you may have spotted. Plus posted pictures keep the thread visually interesting (and incite fits of envy).

Confirmed Clearance Items*:

A House Divided
Abalone
Agricola All Creatures Big and Small
Bruges
(may just be the expansion in some cases)
Bravest Warriors Co-operative Dice Game
Buzzword
Blueprints
Carcassonne: South Seas
Cash n Guns (2nd Ed.)
Catan Dice Game
Clash of Cultures
Colossal Arena
Dominion Dark Ages
Firefly Yahtzee
Golem Arcana Map Tiles Set 2
Golem Arcana Durani Jagara Colossus
Golem Arcana Durani The Khans Pyre
Golem Arcana Gudanna The Khans Pyre
Golem Arcana Urugal The Khans Pyre
Golem Arcana Zikia The Khans Pyre
Heroes of Normandie
Ignis
Joomba
Jishaku
Kazink
Krosmaster Arena Frigost
Kulami
Lexigo Rush
Mage Wars Arena
Mage Wars Forcemaster vs Warlord
Mine Shift
Munchkin Zombies Deluxe
Pagoda
Pandemic: Contagion
Pyramix
Quaridor Pocket
Quarto Pocket
Ratuki
Rory's Story Cubes MAX
Set Dice
Snake Oil
Stratego Battle Cards
Stratego Masters Edition
Summoner Wars Phoenix Elves vs. Tundra Orcs
Survive Escape From Atlantis 30th Anniversary Ed.
Time n Space
Touring
Valley of the Kings
Walking Dead Yahtzee
Wazabi
Westeros Intrigue
World of Tanks Rush

Beginning this afternoon I'll start moving items to the Confirmed list based on reports from around the country.

Confirmed clearance items should scan at the sale price regardless of where they are found in the store. It's common for a few items to linger on shelves that should have been placed in the clearance bins. If an item on this list does not scan at the discounted price be sure to post and I will downgrade it to the unconfirmed list below.

Will regularly update this first post with new confirmed clearance items (those with sightings from multiple members) so that you don't have to dig through the thread once it starts sprawling.

Unconfirmed / YMMV Clearance List:

The following are unconfirmed with only isolated or conflicting reports. If one of these scans at a discount without a manual override be sure to post and I'll move it to the confirmed list.

1775 Rebellion
7 Wonders Leaders
7 Wonders Cities
7 Wonders Babel
7 Wonders (only older copies whose bar code ends in 558)
Among the Stars
Axis and Alies 1941
Appletters
Arkham Horror
Batman Arkham City Escape
Battle At Kemble’s Cascade
Battletech 25th Anniv Intro Set
Bioshock Infinite: Siege of the Citadel
Bora Bora
Bugs in the Kitchen
Carcassonne (old edition)
Castle Dice
Catan Histories: Settlers of America Trails to Rails
Classic Solitaire
Doctor Who Yahtzee (Dalek)
Downfall of Pompeii
Dungeon!
Elder Sign
Fairy Tale
Firefly The Game
Firefly The Game Blue Sun
Forbidden Island
Game of Thrones Board Game
Hobbit Tales from the Green Dragon Inn
Katamino
Legendary Dark City
Mansions of Madness
Marvel Dice Masters Avengers vs X-Men
Mascarade
Maximum Throwdown
Munchkin Legends
Munchkin Pathfinder
Pathfinder ACG: Rise of the Runelords
Pandemic: in the Lab
Pocket Farkle
Quarantine
Risk Walking Dead
San Juan
Sequence
Shinobi WAT-AAH!
Star Wars Force Grab
Stone Age
Targi
Terra Mystica
Tetris Link
Ticket to Ride: Asia
Too Many Monkeys
Tragedy Looper
Uno
Vikings
Wizard (The Original Wizard Card Game)

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

- The official B&N policy is to not hold clearance items though many still succeed in placing online reservations using the "Pick Up In Store Near You" feature but YMMV. (your mileage may vary)

- The website will show the full price even if the items are on clearance in store, but you can confirm whether an item is on clearance at a given location by using the "pick up in store" feature and doing a local search by zip code. The results list will show the actual current clearance price.

- If you decide not to purchase a game you reserved take a moment to call the store and cancel the reservation.

- Reserved items will be held for 3 days with the date in your email confirmation. Staff may later see that the items shouldn't be held and cancel the reservation. They will usually call the number you gave when placing the reservation but there have been some reports of cancelled holds without any notification.

- Please don't waste the time of the staff by asking them to scan every single game in the store you're simply wishing would be on sale even though they haven't been reported. Only items on the confirmed list are worth taking off the regular shelves for a price check. Staff are much more likely to take care of you when they don't mark you as one of "those" customers that have been harassing them endlessly over their board game inventory. 

- B&N Membership will grant an additional 10% off sale items

- 15/20% usually stack with sale prices but Kid's Club 30% off coupons often will not but some cashiers may manually override to accept them when presented. (be courteous even if denied please)

- Entirely new titles are not generally added to the nationwide clearance after the sale has begun as all the stores work off a list letting them know which items have been "reset" to the clearance prices system wide. (though that list may vary from store to store)

- If a title appears in stock for your store using the online inventory checker but isn't on the shelves or bins always check with an employee. Some stores have boxes of clearance stock in the back that is used to restock the bins as the sale goes on. There are countless other reasons why a title may show in the inventory and still not be found but many have been rewarded by a helpful employee emerging from the stock room with item in hand. (again, always be courteous rather than demanding)

Recent sales have followed a pattern of
50% off for ~3-5 weeks
75% off for ~1-2 weeks
Then down to $2

As soon as anyone hears dates from staff I will update this first post
accordingly so there’s no need to ask in thread.

Word from a few sources is that 75% is scheduled to begin on Monday October 12th.

For reference here are the dates for a few past sales:
Jun 18th 50% / Jul 25th 75% / Aug 8th $2
Apr 21st 50% / May 13th 75% / May 27th $2
Mon Jun 16th 50% / July 25th 75% / Fri Aug 8th $2
Mon Sep 15th 50% / Mon Oct 6th 75% / Tues Oct 14th $2
Fri Dec 26th 50% / Wed Jan 28th 75% / Thu Feb 5th $2
Mon Apr 6th / Tue Apr 28th 75% / Tue May 27th $2
Mon Jun 22nd / Fri Jul 31st 75% / Fri Aug 14th $2
Mon Sep 14th / Mon Oct. 12th / Tue October 20th $2

A few notes about contributing to the sale thread. Banter, conjecture, joking, gloating, goading, back slapping, ribbing and more are of course welcome but please be respectful of the legions of members these sprawling threads attract. They subscribe specifically to keep up with news on the sale itself. We’re here first and foremost to help one another get a few good deals, let’s keep it civil and friendly. Save the soapboxing for RSP and take any discussion about general B&N policies, staff, business model etc. to it’s dedicated thread in Discussing Retailers.

Happy Hunting!

B&N Red Dot Clearance Sale fan Microbadge: mb

*Every item on the confirmed list has been widely reported but it's worth noting that University Partnership locations do not usually participate in these sales and there are always a few other exceptions reported around the country.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin OKeefe
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [ Barnes & Noble ] B&N Fall(ish) Red Dot Clearance Sale Has Begun! 50% Off Confirmed *First Post Updated Daily*
Eatontown NJ has two copies of Munckin Zombies Delux and one copy of Walking Dead Yatzee. Total bust.

I talked to the associate he said it's mostly school stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [ Barnes & Noble ] B&N Fall(ish) Red Dot Clearance Sale Has Begun! 50% Off Confirmed *First Post Updated Daily*
Woot! Happy dance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Moss
United States
Owasso
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
New Troll Here!
badge
Stay away from the Voodoo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Plan on stopping by my closest B&N tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tails

Rochester
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Doctor who Yahtzee, walking dead Yahtzee, munchkin zombies deluxe, Rory's story cubes, catan the dice game
Rochester NY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johnson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in-stock prices online, I was able to find a few titles that were on clearance in at least 1 location using NY zip code 10001. Not confirmed national, but worth checking out locally at least.

Legendary Dark City (confirmed YMMV)
Downfall of Pompeii (confirmed YMMV)
Terra Mystica (confirmed YMMV)
Stone Age (confirmed YMMV)
Vikings
Elder Sign (confirmed YMMV)
7 Wonders Leaders (confirmed YMMV)
7 Wonders Cities (confirmed YMMV)
7 Wonders Babel (confirmed YMMV)
Shinobi WAT-AAH!
San Juan (confirmed YMMV)
Among the Stars (confirmed YMMV)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dickman
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I looked up Munchkin Legends Deluxe and one store near me has it half-price but the other one doesn't.

Edit: A few more I found - Firefly The Game and Mansions of Madness. Like Munchkin Legends Deluxe, it was half-price at one store but not at the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! I was starting to miss you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already?!? My wallet wasn't prepared for this. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:

Usually I don't see much that I am interested in/already have, but Downfall of Pompeii has been on my wish/buy list for ages. I'll be popping in this evening to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gryphon2001 wrote:
Checking in-stock prices online, I was able to find a few titles that were on clearance in at least 1 location using NY zip code 10001. Not confirmed national, but worth checking out locally at least.

Legendary Dark City
Downfall of Pompeii
Terra Mystica
Stone Age
Vikings

these will all be YMMV due to not being stocked at 95% of stores

that one NYC store has an expanded stock and is by no means representative ofnwhat most people will find
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:

I couldn't agree more! I've been a little too active in buying games lately, between the last 2 sales and some other purchases. I think my wife will make me sleep on the games if I buy anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found Forbidden Island and Arkham Horror 50% off at a store in Mpls, MN.

EDIT: Also Catan the dice game & Catan Histories: Settlers of America Trails to Rails
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jones
United States
Lagrange
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: [ Barnes & Noble ]50% Off B&N Fall Red Dot Clearance Sale Has Begun! *First Post Updated Daily*
Arkham Horror is showing on the website as clearance (half off) at my local store. Forbidden Island is showing at the normal price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McDonough
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [ Barnes & Noble ]50% Off B&N Fall Red Dot Clearance Sale Has Begun! *First Post Updated Daily*
This is beginning to look like a treasure hunt. I would suggest looking at the stores that they are scheduling to close as they may be geting rid of a lot more of their stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
that one NYC store has an expanded stock and is by no means representative ofnwhat most people will find

While it's true most won't find these discounted at their local stores many are not limited to that one NYC location so they're definitely legitimate YMMV titles.

Bigspoon816 wrote:
This is beginning to look like a treasure hunt.

Indeed, and more so than usual. I'm seeing a lot more inconsistency this round than in prior sales. Arkham Horror for example is 50% off at 3 or 4 locations in my area while still full price at over two dozen other locations.

So far the only titles reported that are on sale everywhere I've checked are Pandemic: Contagion, Munchkin Zombies Deluxe and Catan Dice.*

Edit: That list is growing, see first post for updated confirmed list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Niekamp
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Online search in Salt Lake area of Utah "confirms" Catan Dice, Zombie Munchkin Deluxe, Walking Dead Yahtzee, and Elder Sign (at Fort Union only) from list as of time of posting.

Everything else is out of stock. Swear I've seen copies of Contagion though...

EDIT: Arkham Horror is split in the area. Some have it on sale, some do not. All seem to have it.

Doctor Who Yahtzee available, but not on sale. Same with Forbidden Island.

One to Add as YMMV: Firefly Yahtzee appears to be on 50% at 24.97

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Arkham Horror worth picking up if I've already got Eldritch Horror? I've heard EH murders AH...
I also have Elder Sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah, right in the wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eugaet wrote:
Is Arkham Horror worth picking up if I've already got Eldritch Horror? I've heard EH murders AH...
I also have Elder Sign.

I always hear EH described as AH 2.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eugaet wrote:
I also have Elder Sign.

While it's true most feel Eldritch streamlines and improves on the earlier title, there are plenty of Arkham Horror loyalists out there too. If you feel Eldritch is long though don't even look at Arkham. (it runs even longer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike I
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
mbmbmbmb
Addison TX
Mansions of Madness x2
Munchkin Zombies x2
Munchkin Legends
Monopoly Jurassic World
Firefly Blue Sun
Super Mario checkers
Ticket to Ride Asia
Yahtzee Firefly x4
Yahtzee Dr Who
Kazink! X2
Monopoly Nintendo
Too Many Monkeys

I took nothing so it's all there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Levine
United States
Clinton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gryphon2001 wrote:

The Union Square location had a ton of stuff when I was there at ~9:45, including but not limited to:

1 Copy of:
Among the Stars
Qin
Stone Age
Terra Mystica
Vikings
A Marvel Dice Masters starter set?

Multiple copies of:
7 Wonders exapnsions
Clash of Cultures
Legendary Dark City
Pandemic Contagion
Various Star Wars X-Wing things
Robinson Crusoe
Targi
San Juan
Assorted more classic games [including Uno]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Weissglass
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Staten Island store had nothing, but I'll check back later. Sometimes it takes them awhile to get stuff to the proper shelf there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KoolKow wrote:
gryphon2001 wrote:

The Union Square location had a ton of stuff when I was there at ~9:45, including but not limited to:

1 Copy of:
Among the Stars
Qin
Stone Age
Terra Mystica
Vikings
A Marvel Dice Masters starter set?

Multiple copies of:
7 Wonders exapnsions
Clash of Cultures
Legendary Dark City
Pandemic Contagin
Various Star Wars X-Wing things
Robinson Crusoe
Targi
San Juan
Assorted more classic games [including Uno]

And you were able to confirm that these were on sale, how? Were they in the sale-bin or just on the shelf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [35] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.