Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hunt
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received several games for Christmas that my 2 yr old decided to try and play first. The worst damage was that two of the gameboards were severed at the folds. One is a clean tear so I'm sure I can play it that way. The other tore several inches of the map up from one side. Does anyone have any ideas on repair?. Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PVA glue (or wood glue as its also refered) is best for paper and the like.

Find some thin black (or a matching colour to the back of the board) paper or card (low grammage) and a strip of cloth - I've used a strip from the back of an old cotton shirt before (white material painted black with model paints or permanent ink).

Glue as neatly as you can the torn flapped edge, glue the material over the back of the board and leave to dry. then neaten by pasting the black paper over the material. As long as you keep the 'fold' gap clear of glue then you're okay. This will only work on the side of the map that folds with the board graphic outwards.

For the other side you're a bit stuck unless you decide that a large board is better than no board, and fix that the other flap in an open position (so you'll have the board only closing to half the normal closed dimension).

It's fiddly unless you can contact the supplier/manufacturer and see if they'll send you another copy in 2-year old proof fabric or rip-stop kite material!

CHRIS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hunt
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. I'll give it a shot.
As for 2-yr old proof I have some ideas for that but I'm still looking for surplus tank armor in the right shape and size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.