Subject: Information on Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I've been hearing some murmurs of an official expansion for LE:Alien and I was wondering how credible these musings are. Does anyone have a link to a newser or announcement from Upper Deck with any information?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Information on Expansion
Please put a "?" at the end of the subject or people are going to expect you have information about the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Information on Expansion
ianoble wrote:
Please put a "?" at the end of the subject or people are going to expect you have information about the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
ianoble wrote:

Edited, sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a rumor or a murmur. Jason Brenner, Upper Deck's brand manager for Legendary, has confirmed it multiple times, but the most information we have about it comes from Dice Tower Con interview by Tom Vasel at Dice Tower Con 2015. Alien starts being discussed about 18 minutes into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H8lQZxXDTg

Summary:
+ release date: "probably" May 2016
+ about 400 cards
+ more movie-based content
+ some original content (created with Fox's blessing and oversight)
+ "more of everything you'd expect"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
+ "more of everything you'd expect"

Missing cards? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
DarthEd wrote:
It's not a rumor or a murmur.

Until I see an official article or in this case, Upper Deck's officials confirming and talking about it I don't believe jack.

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed!

that Matt wrote:
Missing cards?

And yet we keep coming back...as I pondered in another thread, I wonder if this is what an abusive relationship is like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Legendary: Fanboy
mbmbmbmbmb
So in other words, you believe it. Jason Brenner, the guy in the video that was shared in the post you quoted, is an Upper Deck official. In fact he is THE GUY that runs the Legendary arm of Upper Deck. He confirmed the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
timerron wrote:
So in other words, you believe it. Jason Brenner, the guy in the video that was shared in the post you quoted, is an Upper Deck official. In fact he is THE GUY that runs the Legendary arm of Upper Deck. He confirmed the expansion.

I think you took my post out of context, I was responding to Darth Ed's comment in way of saying: I only had heard rumors and postings on forums that there was going to be an expansion. I take all that with a grain of salt, ergo why I posted THIS to see if anyone had any hard evidence.

They did, and I was happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I wonder if they'll include at least rules for mixing the expansion with predator. Or include the conversion pack stuff in it (or at least the expansion versions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.