Subject: Skill challenge: Errata stickers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Anyone able to make a good version of what the cards need fixing to be able to be printed on sticker paper to put on top of the cards or regular paper to slip into a sleeve. If they could be printed off the bat without having to format size or such, that would be awesome too.

In particular there were two cards, a purple magic card that dealt with past, present and future casting of spells and I believe a black card that had inappropriate symbols (see faq) that were the worst offender. I think the black magic side A reference card was also a bit off in wording, but that's not as big a deal.

If Trey or someone from level 99 games could whip these up having the image stock already on hand, these would be great as a good compromise instead of delivering new cards to all people that bought the current edition.

I love argent, but to have to say to someone, "Actually, this card is not how it works, it should be like this this and this" on top of having people digest the large amount of information is a little unwieldy.

Pretty please with a Borneo familiar on top?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hoping that if there's another expansion, they will include a replacement card for that one purple spell. I hate having to explain it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trenton
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
I hate having to explain it.

Honestly? I hate having to use it/rulemonger it too. I might just leave that one out of further games I've played, it caused so much troubles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Treasure
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which one is this? I'm only 2 games in and loving Argent but don't want to stumble on this and not be aware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reaper wrote:
Which one is this? I'm only 2 games in and loving Argent but don't want to stumble on this and not be aware.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1314204/official-erratatypo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
The Reaper wrote:

I tried to parse that earlier, and found it increadibly confusing. Can someone give a text version of those two cards with the text as its supposed to be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Treasure
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
The Reaper wrote:

Cheers, assumed it was this one but wanted to check.

What a great game cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have a go, but these aren't official.

Memoirs of the Future Past:

Past Power reads: Cast a Spell at a level below its maximum level without paying any Mana costs.
Past Power should read: Cast an exhausted Action Spell at a level below its maximum level without paying any Mana costs.

Eternal Power reads: Cast any Spell from among your learned Spells, researched or not, without paying Mana costs.
Eternal Power should read: Cast any Action Spell from among your learned Spells, researched or not, without paying Mana costs or exhausting the Spell.

Infinite Universes Realized:

Inversion reads: All of your placed Mages move to the shadow position if able. When placing, you must place into the shadow position.
Inversion should read: All of your placed Mages move to the shadow position if able. When placing for the rest of the round, you must place into the shadow position and you may shadow empty spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Right, these are the main issues.

Surely someone has the picture editing prowess to do this out of all the Argent fans?

Trey, any strings you can pull for a picture file that is to scale which we can just print on sticker paper?

Anyone... *lonely echo*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If someone volunteered the make the file, I could try to help them out.

I would make it, but I can barely use MS Paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Given the background image (preferrably with some bleed and in decent resolution (300+ dpi)) and the font, I guess I could whip up something in GIMP quite easily (and then make a pdf with cut marks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DomHiob wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Given the background image (preferrably with some bleed and in decent resolution (300+ dpi)) and the font, I guess I could whip up something in GIMP quite easily (and then make a pdf with cut marks).

I can get the original file, but I'm not sure I can get a blank one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
DomHiob wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

I can get the original file, but I'm not sure I can get a blank one.

PM sent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
God bless you both.

I have little to no image editing skill either, and was going to resort to putting ugly stickers on, but the game is too pretty to do so. Scanning a card seems to be problematic too as the linen finish makes it rough up close.

May the force be with you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quick status report: The file is basically done (I think I will add some cut marks on the "small" stickers; the file contains both small stickers and whole-card replacements). I'm waiting for approval by Trey Chambers (and hopefully Level 99, since theirs are the graphics). So chances are I'll be able to upload it tomorrow or so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DomHiob wrote:
quick status report: The file is basically done (I think I will add some cut marks on the "small" stickers; the file contains both small stickers and whole-card replacements). I'm waiting for approval by Trey Chambers (and hopefully Level 99, since theirs are the graphics). So chances are I'll be able to upload it tomorrow or so

It looks great! Just waiting to hear from Brad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
DomHiob wrote:

It looks great! Just waiting to hear from Brad.

another quick status report: just uploaded the file, now pending BGG's approval . Also, please let me know if there's anything I should still change (the final changes to the file (cut marks and such) were a bit rushed). Last: use at your own risk, read closely before putting stickers on your beautiful Argent cards! Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Excellent job Dom, you have done awesome and my boardgame OCD is in your debt.
Just to double check with Trey, should there be the symbol of a card with a down arrow (which in other cards means "exhaust") with the circle and slash over it (for "do not") for the erratad future past spells?

Have not printed yet but will buy sticker paper soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NDjunkie wrote:
Just to double check with Trey, should there be the symbol of a card with a down arrow (which in other cards means "exhaust") with the circle and slash over it (for "do not") for the erratad future past spells?

Yes, I tried to make it as close to the icons on the card as possible, but that detail is only in the text I'm afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link to the file that DomiHub uploaded:
Unofficial Errata Stickers for Spells and Astronomy Tower
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
NDjunkie wrote:

Yes, I tried to make it as close to the icons on the card as possible, but that detail is only in the text I'm afraid.

I might be able to edit those icons (actually shouldn't be too hard to do) -- The card might look a wee bit crowded then, however.

Also @Dylan: thanks for linking to the file page (I meant to, but then forgot).

edit: I had a look at the question about the icons. As expected, they can be changed easily. Should I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
If you have time and inclination, yes please!

It likely will be crowded, but at least consistent with the other cards (not that the ability shows up often).

Either way, thank you again for what you've done/will do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a first shot at the changed iconography. Not sure whether the "free" writing should be there, though?

Also thanks, NDjunkie -- without your persistence, these wouldn't exist!

edit: I didn't know that pictures showed rightaway on posts, otherwise I would have put early versions of the cards on to discuss them before. So much the better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I think this looks good. I guess the main idea behind accurate iconography is that someone can guess the card's effects without having to pick up the card and read it, but it may be a moot point.

I think the 'free' word from your posted in the files section looks better than the 'free' in the pic you just posted here, but whichever is the one that most resembles the other game cards should be the deciding factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NDjunkie wrote:
I think this looks good. I guess the main idea behind accurate iconography is that someone can guess the card's effects without having to pick up the card and read it, but it may be a moot point.

I think the 'free' word from your posted in the files section looks better than the 'free' in the pic you just posted here, but whichever is the one that most resembles the other game cards should be the deciding factor.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll try to make a version with the changed iconography and post that as an alternative rather than as a replacement.

About "free": I'll have a look. I do think I erased it for the current version and used the same font to put it on again (font size or weight might be the problem). Thanks for pointing it out, anyway.

edit: short idea for condensing the information a bit: put the "don't tap" circle between the left card symbol and the word "free". Erase the right card symbol. Thus, the card icon would appear only once, hopefully making the card a bit less crowded. Would this be an improvement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.