Subject: Blueprints or tramBahn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Paul
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo everybody,
I've to take a game to cancel shipping cost.

I was looking at Blueprints and Trambahn - I play mainly 2p. Which one of them is the best in you opinion?
Have you other recommendations for a game, which costs max 20 Euro?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Biblios is pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Biblios

Red7
Arboretum
Morels

I have Blueprints but I would play any of the above before Blueprints. We are loving Morels right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Biblios.

And I agree Blueprints is very...meh.

Trambahn looks really good, though. I haven't played it yet, but I would give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valencia Victorious Von Verrata is the
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Cursed be and eternally damned those who would steal the games of the wizardinwhite
mbmbmbmbmb
What sort of game mechanics and/or theme are you looking at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kern
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I own both and my vote would be for Trambahn. We feel that it is stronger than Blueprints at 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Paul
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll chack Biblios. I didn't know it.

Why blueprints is meh? I found the idea very interesting.
Trambahn looks very promising, but I read that it lacks of interaction and this in a 2 player game could be a problem. I really do want interaction, even if it's light like in patchwork, but definitely not a single player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scoring system in Blueprints ruins it for me. You score all these points for your structure, but those points aren't real points. They get you the "reward" card and then the points go away and you start over next round. The blueprints themselves are just either too easy, or too easy to ignore and make up the difference somewhere else. I find the scoring for each die type too fiddly, and like I said above, fiddly for no good reason. Plus, for some reason I just never felt like I was building anything; it felt like I was merely stacking dice. Needless to say, it was dull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.