Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Fry
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My father (circa 1945). He navigated B-24's (5thAF 22ndBG) in the Pacific Theater.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the next few days I’m going to begin posting some further information about “1805: Sea of Glory”. I’m going to post an “after action report” that follows actual historical events from March 25 to July 21 as seen through the lens of the 1805 game system.

In March, French Admiral Pierre Villeneuve broke out of Toulon and headed to the Spanish port of Cadiz. There he rendezvoused with Spanish Admiral Don Federico Carlos Gravina. Together, with almost twenty sail of the line, the combined fleet broke out into the Atlantic and headed for the West Indies. Horatio Nelson, who had been watching Toulon, miscalculated and sailed east towards Egypt, thinking that was Villeneuve’s target. Once he realized his mistake, the British fleet turned west and Nelson began the long chase to the Caribbean.

Villeneuve avoided Nelson in the West Indies and sailed back to Spain. Outside Ferrol the Allied fleet (now 20 sail of the line) meet British Admiral Sir Robert Calder’s force of 15 sail of the line and the battle known as “Calder’s Action” took place.

The AAR will be posted in three parts over the next couple of weeks. It will highlight the key rules of the game system: weather, blockades, fog of war, spotting and interception, Trans-Atlantic crossings, wear, the weather gauge, crew quality, the influence of admirals, signaling during battle, prizes and wrecks, etc. The playtest group is currently reviewing the AAR for accuracy and completeness. Once they have had a chance to see it and make comment, I’ll post it here to BoardGameGeek and to ConsimWorld.

Fair winds,
Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmb
Thanks for posting here!

A lot of other publishers and designers just give a link to some other website that is hard to navigate or figure out... we really appreciate the extra effort to add preview material!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Fry
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My father (circa 1945). He navigated B-24's (5thAF 22ndBG) in the Pacific Theater.
mbmbmbmbmb
Part 1 of 3 has been posted, and Part 2 has been uploaded (awaiting approval from admin).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Fry
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part two is now available for download. Also available is part of the combat chart (important for following along while you read part two).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Fry
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part 3 of "Calder's Action" is now available in the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much, these are great. This is the type of stuff that definitely makes me more likely to preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.