Dave the Knave
United States
New York
flag msg tools
One thing you can do is simply do not collect cheers tokens for the intro card. It is fair to everyone. Still possible to run out, but should happen less considering that not everyone finishes their story.

For 5 player where you have 5 cards in hand, you can also make the first card played get no cheers token. So there are always 4 possible cheers tokens for your hand plus one for finishing the story in all modes. This should make it at least unlikely to run out.

Another point

The idea that you can draw two tokens and put one back is still very problematic as later players have a pile that is picked over.

I will not be playing with the eye = draw 2 and keep one rule. It is 100% luck based and causes this issue. Simply don't play with that rule and the problem goes away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pickard

tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mb
I usually don't even use the points. We just vote on best story. But this definitely the best story game out there. (Non rpg)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave the Knave
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I agree they are unnecessary in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.