Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four players Wharekumera(Matt) Zirak(Jason) Jacob, Citylife (I) played this handy little game as a warm up for our afternoon of gaming. It was the first time for us so experiementation was in order.

This week I had been to Christchurch's (New Zealand)antartic centre and also been to the movie Happy Feet so I was a pengiumaholic. Unfortunately the theme had been someone else taking my fish, and so they did.

One of penguims was targeted by jacob early for extermination as he cleverly carved off a piece of the board for himself. I was running the quick and dirty algorithm and it was workign very poorly for me. Meanwhile on the other side of the board I had got myself into a little tussel with Zirak over some choice real estate and before i knew it I was out of moves and my pengiums were starving to death. Jacob carved off large chunks and won well.

Of course we had to play a second game (me having done so poorly) and I wanted a chance to redeem myself. And this time it went much better. I looked for slices to carve off and found two corners to my liking. One one corner Matt jumped for a two in the very crner so I took that opportunity to box him out of a very large wedge we had made. Meanwhile Jason got stuck in a similar situation on the other side and I had the inside position on him to. Fortunately for me Jacob had a more lucrative wedge up top and Jason followed the gold up there and I promptly carved my land for myself.

So I won the second game by playing the player rather than the ball so to speak. There is a little bit of both in this one, getting some nice spots early, while removing tiles to create your own bit of land. In hindsight this doesn't seem to have high replay value but looks like a nice filler for now and again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.