Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Smith
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking for some clarification. He has the following keyword power:

Magnetic Suppression
Enemy supporting characters can't recover. They remain stunned.

Now, I've read mention of Magneto in a few posts and watched some gameplay videos, but I question the effect as I've seen it. Specifically, once Magneto hit the table, the only character that readied was the opponent's main character. Their supporting characters were not stunned, just exhausted, but they never readied them. I don't think that's right. Recover is an action that happens during the Recovery phase and it only applies to stunned characters. The wording of the power seems to support that with the additional clause about characters remaining stunned. I think in the case I mentioned, the exhausted characters should be readied. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah...I don't have the rulebook within reach. But, readying characters from exhausted is also part of the recovery phase, I'm pretty sure. I think the statement that they remain stunned is a "furthermore".

I will definitely keep an eye on this thread though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes it only applies to stun characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, yes....I agree with Dustin.

The word "recover" and "ready" are two distinctly different terms even though they are both part of the Recovery Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Piroozshad
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billdo75 wrote:
Just looking for some clarification. He has the following keyword power:

Magnetic Suppression
Enemy supporting characters can't recover. They remain stunned.

Now, I've read mention of Magneto in a few posts and watched some gameplay videos, but I question the effect as I've seen it. Specifically, once Magneto hit the table, the only character that readied was the opponent's main character. Their supporting characters were not stunned, just exhausted, but they never readied them. I don't think that's right. Recover is an action that happens during the Recovery phase and it only applies to stunned characters. The wording of the power seems to support that with the additional clause about characters remaining stunned. I think in the case I mentioned, the exhausted characters should be readied. Thoughts?

This is correct.

Stunned characters recover, putting them face up and exhausted.
Exhausted characters ready, changing them from sideways to vertical.

Magneto's ability only affects characters that need to recover. Exhausted characters don't need to recover, since they're already face up.

Readying and Recovering are different.

That's why you never see "Ready a stunned character" - It is always written as "Recover and ready a stunned character"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
This power is almost identical to Magneto: Master of Magnetism in OVs. There, his power would mean that any stunned characters could not recover, and therefore had to be KO'd off the board. Is that the case with this one too? Or do unrecovered characters get to stay on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They stay. You hope your new recruits and/or main character will get rid of Magneto so your stunned supporting characters get back involved as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
an an
msg tools
"Stunned characters recover, putting them face up and exhausted."

hmmm which part of the rulebook states tat stunned characters are still exhausted and cannot ready during his next turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.