Bartek Cieslak
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I love Robinson, it's a big fat 10 on my games list, but it's been a long time since my table was occupied by his cursed island. There's always new game to play and not enough time. And just like for Imperial Settlers I'm waiting for Atlanteans expansion, in case of Robinson I was waiting (and boy what a long wait it would be) for Cthulhu expansion. It's sad when one of your favourite games is covered with dust, so...

I came up with idea of making a few achievements (just like on console gaming)to try and beat them all and to bring some new life to this game. Some of them are fairly easy, some are quite hard, others need a bit of luck. Some are just to play differently then usual, some are to go outside and play with friends. Or just the opposite. But every one is achievable without an expansion.

Give me a shout if you like the idea, cause making them up was good fun and I already have some more ideas. And maybe you have some of your own?

So, here they are:

HANDYMAN
Craft every invention in the game.

BIG GAME HUNTER
Kill every animal on the island.

I DON'T CARE
Ignore every event card in one scenario (don't send pawns to their threat actions.

TRUST ME, I'M AN ENGINEER
50 times roll a complete success on action dice (1 success and 2 no effect side).

DISCOVERER
Explore every island tile in one scenario.

FOREVER ALONE
Finish every scenario in solo mode.

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
Finish a fan made scenario.

LORD OF WAR
In one scenario own a pistol (starting item), craft a gun (knife, bow, etc) AND find a gun on the island.

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN
Get every type of wound.

GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL
End a scenario with highest level of morale.

DOUBLE WIN
On a treasure card find... a treasure map.

HOUSE BY THE SEA
Finish a scenario with making a shelter on a beach tile and never moving it around.

THE WEATHER GIRL
Finish a scenario without loosing anything by the weather dice.

FULL HOUSE
Finish a scenario in a 4 player game.

LOOK WHAT I CAN DO
Use every skill of your character in one scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very good idea!

Some of my ideas:

LEAVE ME ALONE
Start with a full pile of woods. You must try to discard as many as you can (same limitations apply as of filling the pile) before the ship comes.
You don't want to leave the island!

ESKIMO
When the winter comes, and it snows, you get +1 roof for every snow die!
As an Eskimo, you can build an igloo by collecting snow and compressing it into cubes (blue cubes).

BEAST MASTER
You try to capture any beast that you encounter. Roll the 3 Victory dice and the 3 Wound dice. 3V = success! Take as many wounds as the wound dice. As a beast master, the beast becomes a domestic animal that you can use to help fight against other animals.

SHAOLIN MASTER
As a shaolin master, you do not need any food during night. Try to finish the scenario with as less as possible amount of food collected.

HIT ME HARDER
12 rounds are not enough for feeling any pain. Try to finish the scenario with another 6 rounds added. (18 rounds in total).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
서 보국
South Korea
flag msg tools
Wow..good idea. If these achievment become to object, more diversity plus to base game.(sorry fot my english)
If you have a time, please look ny hunting varient too. Thanks for your thought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea, but what about if you earn them DURING the game, and then they give you something. Like, when you finish one in the first scenario, you gain 2 wood. Perhaps:

Hungry Animal

A hungry animal visits you in the middle of the night.

If you have any food tokens left after the night phase, you may discard them all. If you do, discard this card and collect this scenario's reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.