Heroes of Normandie» Forums » General

Subject: Any really good playthroughs around? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So i REALLY want to like this game. And have played it now a few times, but i have only tried a few scenarios and also one custom scenario were we bought our armies using points.
I have not really enjoyed it as much as i like( also bought a lot of extra content for it) mostly i think because of the rules and getting bogged down in them instead of just having fun.
I have been watching a few videos out there, but the ones i have seen have mostly been an overview. I wonder if there are any good playthrough vidoes where someone really plays the game through a couple of rounds using a slightly bigger army nstead of a scenario or such.
You guys knkow of any out there please let me know
/Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a video to point you to but I felt like I was in the same boat as you.

The opening scenarios in the game are a little dry and boring. I had invested in a lot of expansions because the looked great and I felt there was a great game in there somewhere. The manual doesn't help but there are a couple of great play aids in the BGG file section (see my 'activation for beginners' and the excellent unofficial manual/scenario rewrite)

So I skip a few and played 'my heart goes boom'. This scenario hit the sweet spot for me.

So

1. Get the unofficial manual and scenarios digested
2. Play 'my heart goes boom' or one of the later scenarios

That may fix your problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ennui
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the same boat. I played the first scenario a few times, every time I played it was with a new person. Finally I got past the first few scenarios, and the game potential exploded.

Once you have a vague understanding of the rules, skip ahead and you'll see where the real game is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this is why Im waiting for the computer version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of with everyone else. I cannot point you to a play through. I can confirm that like the others up thread the early scenarios left me cold but the later scenarios really had some good tension and tough decision making. I would say try the scenarios at the end of the core game and then maybe move to the D-Day mini-campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Slaughterhouse(5) as my introductory scenario when teaching people the game. Gives you a good overview of most of the mechanics of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
I use Slaughterhouse(5) as my introductory scenario when teaching people the game. Gives you a good overview of most of the mechanics of the game.

that's what I did as well. Not a huge scenario, but not a small one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you guys glad to hear it might be as i suspected and only a case of the first couple of scenerios being a tad boring. I do have to get a bit better grasp of the rules i feel though, so i might try and playrthough on my own a bit more before presenting it to my son again and then with a more fun scenario
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.