Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed playing this last night, but I wasn't clear how the designers intended it to be played.

The rules state that the godfather asking varying questions of other players, and that's it. Is it meant to be a stoney faced group interrogation, or should other players be protesting their innocence and offering their version of the truth when they feel like it?

We generally drifted towards tghe latter, as these games tended to be, but that seemed to remove a lot of the power, or at least thematically so, from the Godfather.

Maybe it should be that the Godfather mostly expands his trusted team as he believes he finds his henchmen one by one and lets them start talking and discussing more freely?

I'd imagine that "play however you enjoy the most" is the ultimate answer, but I'd liek to understand the intentions more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can talk and say anything they want. The game just suggests the Godfather specifically ask players questions. If you're not shouting out "He's lying, there totally was 12 diamonds left when I got it!" then you're missing out on the fun in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
Anyone can talk and say anything they want. The game just suggests the Godfather specifically ask players questions. If you're not shouting out "He's lying, there totally was 12 diamonds left when I got it!" then you're missing out on the fun in my opinion.

Absolutely leans towards noise and nonsense, however telling Capo what he should do in front of others is typically a good way to end up sleeping with the fishes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
There should definitely be suspicion tokens to hand out, if for no other reason than to give the capo a way to silently express his dissatisfaction with his associates' behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Lamy
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can speak whenever he wants, BUT the godfather is THE godfather and he may want to lead his team : "shut up, I want to hear X"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

Our group got a little confused about this as well (especially after playing Spyfall with it's strict question and answer rules).

We initially read it as the rules being a structured question and answer, nut after playing a few games, it seems more sensible for it to be free-form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.