Popular Tags: [View All]
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So last night I had some time to sit down and put that organizer to the test. Game setup took about 10-15 minutes. You still need to build the mythos deck, and pull out your items/spells/whatever. I wish there was a bit more organization for the ancient one cards, and the mythos cards (like separators to easily grab a certain set).

I started this at 9:30pm...probably not the best time to start a game of EH.

Anyway, everything is set up, I choose Trish Scarborough (lead) and Diana Stanley as my investigators, Azazoth as my AO and get started.

Trish is an absolute beast, kicking ass and taking names. She was also blessed in the 3rd turn, which was a huge help. Diana, not so much. She struggled keeping her sanity, and could not close the damn Buenos Aires gate after multiple tries. Then she got a madness condition. The a leg injury. If Trish was anywhere close to Diana, she'd probably put her down like a lame horse.

I keep pushing forward, and realize that I'm working on the 3rd clue. OMG I MIGHT WIN!!! As soon as the thought pops into my head, Trish gets delayed at a tea party with some chinese dude, Diana barely makes it out of a confrontation with a deep one and - BOOM! Monster Surge, Monster Surge, Monster Surge!

I then knew there was no possible way this would end well. Trish lost her blessing, and became cursed. AND got amnesia. Diana...well, lets just say she tried...not very well I might add.

It was 11:30pm and the world was devoured. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Organizer was nice. Totally worth the $20.
Would a plano work just as well? Sure. It just wont look as pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thomasser
United States
Bowmansville
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a link for the organizer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sacco
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Sauron was not of mortal flesh, he could never again appear fair to the eyes of Men, yet his spirit arose & returned to Mordor. There he dwelt, dark & silent, until he wrought a new guise, an image of malice & hatred made visible; the Eye of Sauron.
badge
One moment only it stared out as from some great window immeasurably high there stabbed a flame of red, the flicker of a piercing Eye. The Eye was not turned on them, it gazed north but Frodo at that dreadful glimpse fell as one stricken mortally.
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17's linked post on it is here: Firefly Workshop Oraganizer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Larsen
United States
Smithton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reposted here for dramatic effect and since the thread and session are tightly linked.

"This is a sub par organizer at best.

First, Firefly makes its organizers out of pressboard instead of balsa like broken token's type of organizers.

The instruction are vague and do not show the best way to assemble their own product. Really seems like a rinky-dink kind of operation to me.

The organizer itself is poorly designed. The removable card trays are a nice touch but they wont fit all of the cards sleeved and won't fit expansion cards un-sleeved.

The center removable tray is intriguing but the center space is not big enough to use a as randomizer cup for the monsters, the four monster compartments are divided for what reason? The small card holder is way to small for expansions and/or sleeved cards. I had to use three of token tray compartments to hold the rest of my small cards.

You might be asking yourself right now, "Who would need to sleeve their cards?"

Answer: Just about everyone who would find it necessary to buy an organizer.

Anyhow to continue critiquing the center tray. The other side works great for a used and unused gate token section, I moved the standard monsters to the center (just for storage) and the unique monsters from game and expansion to the four divided compartments.

So under the removable card trays there is the 6 compartment token trays, also removable. They are ok, but there is a ton of space wasted on the other sides of the support to the removable card tray. This could have been redesigned for a more spacious token tray or more compartments. With the extra compartments perhaps the 4way divided portion of the center tray could be expanded small card storage.

Also what's with the extra small card dividers? I was delivered like twice as many dividers as there are slots to divide that section and with the standard un-sleeved game you couldn't use all of those anyways. What up wit dat?

Also I was able to find some archival safe 4" x 5" photo protectors that work for all of the character sheets and ancient ones sheets. So the organizer has a spot for the to rest on top of the removable token trays, but in these sleeves they won't fit. I don't really blame the makers (Firefly Workshop) for this, since I went above and beyond, but it is irksome. I may try a custom cut for this.

Anyhow with some clever re-organization and an additional two card boxes for all of the ancient one cards, and one box for all of the Mythos cards, I was able to fit a sleeved base game and a sleeved forbidden lore expansion.

Unfortunately, when I say "fit" there what I really mean is it doesn't fit. I had to have three extra card boxes.

I will say this:

While this organizer is pretty lame, it is no where as bad of a purchase idea as Firefly Workshop's Betrayal at House on the Hill organizer. That was just one bad design decision after another.

"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.