Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the minis have not necessarily been finalised yet, but I wanted to ask about the size of the different races and how they're represented in the miniatures.

I noticed when looking at the image of the different pledge level that the 4 minis were of roughly equal height but that the bases were of different widths. I popped them into PS and normalised the width of the bases and it gives a nice idea how large or small the different base races will be, but Isaac can you confirm how (extremely roughly) accurate this image is?

Obviously I'd like them to be different heights because it stands to reason different races will have different proportions, but equally it could be that the minis are too early in development to get a good idea of their final size and the bases were mocked up inaccurately in Photoshop (it appears the Orchid and Innox are different to their bases).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a picture of the metal masters that may serve as a better comparison:

They are 32mm scale, so the Scoundrel and Spellweaver are around that size. The taller Brute (~8ft) is closer to 45mm, and the shorter Tinkerer (~4ft) is closer to 24mm.

The sculpts for all classes (aside from the Cragheart) are either finished or having their final corrections done. No molds for the final plastic versions have been made, though, which is the reason for the digitally modified images with the bases.

I hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer any other questions about the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
Cephalofair wrote:
They are 32mm scale, so the Scoundrel and Spellweaver are around that size. The taller Brute (~8ft) is closer to 45mm, and the shorter Tinkerer (~4ft) is closer to 24mm.

In another thread, you mentioned that if playing with all standees, the characters and monsters would scale appropriately to one another. I am wondering then, if this implies that the miniatures will not scale to the standees in a similar fashion? Of course, they do not appear to scale in the videos I've seen, but I wasn't sure about the finished product, and since me and measurements are, um...You know, I thought I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Isaac, the Orchid's looking pretty tall then! A nice variation in sizes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ManWithBirdLikeWing wrote:
Cephalofair wrote:

In another thread, you mentioned that if playing with all standees, the characters and monsters would scale appropriately to one another. I am wondering then, if this implies that the miniatures will not scale to the standees in a similar fashion? Of course, they do not appear to scale in the videos I've seen, but I wasn't sure about the finished product, and since me and measurements are, um...You know, I thought I'd ask.

Mathew, the standees will certainly scale the same as the minis. Any standees you see in videos are very much prototypes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
I know the minis have not necessarily been finalised yet, but I wanted to ask about the size of the different races and how they're represented in the miniatures.

I noticed when looking at the image of the different pledge level that the 4 minis were of roughly equal height but that the bases were of different widths. I popped them into PS and normalised the width of the bases and it gives a nice idea how large or small the different base races will be, but Isaac can you confirm how (extremely roughly) accurate this image is?

Obviously I'd like them to be different heights because it stands to reason different races will have different proportions, but equally it could be that the minis are too early in development to get a good idea of their final size and the bases were mocked up inaccurately in Photoshop (it appears the Orchid and Innox are different to their bases).

Haha. Um... yeah. You exposed me as hack I am! I just very roughly created the mockup with just trying to make the Tinkerer shorter and the Brute taller. I didn't put in much more thought than that. Thanks for taking the effort to find out the actual heights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Mathew, the standees will certainly scale the same as the minis.

This is getting better and better...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-Super-Mare
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:

Haha. Um... yeah. You exposed me as hack I am! I just very roughly created the mockup with just trying to make the Tinkerer shorter and the Brute taller. I didn't put in much more thought than that. Thanks for taking the effort to find out the actual heights.

Haha, sorry, I wasn't trying to poke holes, just get an idea of how much the minis varied!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
mcscowl wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:

Haha, sorry, I wasn't trying to poke holes, just get an idea of how much the minis varied!

I didn't think you were trying to poke holes. I'm very excited by everyone's enthusiasm surrounding the game and the community it's already developed! I see it in all the posts and it shows with the effort you went through to find the character heights. Keep it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
A minor thing: I do not own any games with miniatures, and so, I am fairly unfamiliar with them, but in all of the images I've seen of the Orchid miniature, the transition from the base to the elements at her feet, appears to be somewhat jarring to me -- In the final version, will this transition be smooth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.