Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Hill
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there.
I have a question involving the interaction of the Expert Maneuver and Hyperspace Drive technologies.

Expert Maneuver says:

"During space combat, between rounds, you may choose to retreat with all your remaining space ships into an adjacent hex..."

Hyperspace Drive says:

"... It also allows the engaging of Centaurian Resistance before the player vs player combat.

Let's assume the Han-Xia player has a Hyperspace Drive on his/her ships and he/she attacks and defeats some Centaurian Resistance on a hex that also contains another player.

1. Can the Han Xia player retreat his/her ships after completing the last round of combat with the Centaurian Resistance, before he/she would actually have to fight the first round of combat with another player's ships?

If the words "Space Combat" in "Expert Maneuver" are supposed to imply "Player Combat" then this tactic would obviously not work and that's fine (it would be kind of cheap anyway). Currently there is no distinction for "Space Combat", all combat takes place in space, right?

Please let me know how you think this would operate.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The key phrase here is "between rounds" of space combat, not before or after the space combat itself.

Fighting the Centaurian Resistance is one space combat.
Fighting another player is a separate space combat.

Using these two technologies, you could engage the Centaurian Resistance before engaging in PvP combat.

You can use Expert Maneuvers to retreat between rounds of either combat, but not between the two combats themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hill
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems correct to me too.
Just wanted to make sure.
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I can also confirm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.