Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

HeroQuest» Forums » General

Subject: Just found my HQ collection in the basement! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember getting this as a child, probably right when it came out. I played it a lot, with parents and friends, and then again a few years later at the FLGS. I apparently left it there about 20 years ago. Well, 5 years ago, the owner was cleaning things out and found it. Being the nice guy that he is, he returned it to me, where it promptly went into my basement. But now we're cleaning/purging, and I happened across it.

I'm trying to sort out what I have. From the books, it looks like the base game, Kellar's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord, and the Barbarian Quest Pack. As best as I can tell, all the bits and pieces are here, if a little scuffed up.

Sadly, I can't keep this around. I have no idea what it would be worth, though. Can someone more knowledgeable help me?

Here are the pics:













8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eryk B
Poland
Wroclaw
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:

Sadly, I can't keep this around. I have no idea what it would be worth,

I think it's worth setting up a bank deposit and keeping it there for the next 20 years.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Elliott
United States
West Harrison
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

You can see what the game has sold for on Ebay by showing only "sold listings" to get a sense of the price history.


The base game is around $50 to $100. The expansions are $80-$140 each.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great find! I found my old copy a few years ago, and it was very beat up, yours looks to be in excellent condition.

Ebay will probably give you the best payout, but you also might want to consider putting it up on the BGG marketplace. There are usually a few gamers looking for an old copy (I was one of them a couple years ago), you might make their day by putting it up there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Great find! I found my old copy a few years ago, and it was very beat up,


Me too. Pulled it out of a closet at mom's house, been there since the 90's when I left for college. Rough doesn't adequately dscribe it.cry
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find!

The Elf and or Barbarian Packs go for LOTS of money on ebay. So even though you don't have the expansion box, you'll still be able to get MUCH more than a standard HQ listing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find. Wish I could find my Barbarian Quest pack I loaned to my friend when we were 12. You should be able to make a nice profit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
Great find! I found my old copy a few years ago, and it was very beat up,


Me too. Pulled it out of a closet at mom's house, been there since the 90's when I left for college. Rough doesn't adequately dscribe it.cry


"Older" me forgot that "younger" me had cut off the back page of his HeroQuest: Return of the Witch Lord manual because it had the store on it. Also, I apparently donated a bunch of furniture from the game to use in Warhammer, all of which is now MIA.

I was a rather stupid kid on occasion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, such great memories . Nice find.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to maximize your profit wait till December. Base game, Kellar's and Witchlord will not likely go over 100 each, since you don't have boxes. Barbarian can sell for around 400, hard to say how much the lack of a box will affect it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help, everyone! I had no idea it would be worth so much. I don't intend to hold out for the best deal possible -- the point, after all, is just to purge the basement -- but now I have some idea of what to ask for.

I've got a couple of local people interested, and I'll start by looking for $300. If they fall through, then I'll look at shipping it out to an interested buyer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Elliott
United States
West Harrison
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
Thanks for the help, everyone! I had no idea it would be worth so much. I don't intend to hold out for the best deal possible -- the point, after all, is just to purge the basement -- but now I have some idea of what to ask for.

I've got a couple of local people interested, and I'll start by looking for $300. If they fall through, then I'll look at shipping it out to an interested buyer.


Make sure to sell it through the BGG marketplace once you have something arranged so that you're in compliance with the rules of the website. You'll make someone quite happy with your find!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr-WhoopAss wrote:
Daybreak wrote:
Thanks for the help, everyone! I had no idea it would be worth so much. I don't intend to hold out for the best deal possible -- the point, after all, is just to purge the basement -- but now I have some idea of what to ask for.

I've got a couple of local people interested, and I'll start by looking for $300. If they fall through, then I'll look at shipping it out to an interested buyer.


Make sure to sell it through the BGG marketplace once you have something arranged so that you're in compliance with the rules of the website. You'll make someone quite happy with your find!


Just posted on the marketplace - open for sale!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
Dr-WhoopAss wrote:
Daybreak wrote:
Thanks for the help, everyone! I had no idea it would be worth so much. I don't intend to hold out for the best deal possible -- the point, after all, is just to purge the basement -- but now I have some idea of what to ask for.

I've got a couple of local people interested, and I'll start by looking for $300. If they fall through, then I'll look at shipping it out to an interested buyer.


Make sure to sell it through the BGG marketplace once you have something arranged so that you're in compliance with the rules of the website. You'll make someone quite happy with your find!


Just posted on the marketplace - open for sale!


Wow! Is that $300 Canadian? Thats about $230 USD. Great deal, very generous. If I didn't already have this I would grab it for sure. Tempted as it is....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Mitchell
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Man, I finally set up an account just to post this.

I played Hero Quest back when it first came out too. Played it countless times with my two brothers, to the point that the game fell into terrible disrepair. After I went to college my parents either trashed it or sold it at a yard sale.

I've been looking for the base game for about five years for a good price. Last week I finally gave up when I found a 100% complete game on ebay for $95.

Years ago I did find an unopened Return of the Witch King expansion at goodwill and paid a nickel for it. Haven't been able to replicate that luck though.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.