Subject: Why does the Pension card require 2 bad luck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the costs of all cards worked really well thematically but I found pension a bit odd. What's the thematic reasoning behind it requiring 2 bad luck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think because it implies you have to wait til the last phase of your life to find financial security.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Miłuński
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In Poland you receive pension when you suffered some kind of accident or disease. That's why the card has bad luck as a requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like the American equivalent would be social security disability income. Technically, pensions in the U.S. are a form of retirement income provided to long-time employees, but they really don't exist anymore outside of federal and state government. Private sectors and even local governments have transitioned to employee-contribution retirement funds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.