Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if they had any fixes for the airships that were too weak/strong in the original. Having a hard time remembering which - I know ISAAC was too good. Love the gameplay, but the balance issues led to playing less than we might have otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in the expansion, but in the base game reprint. Here's what Seth Jaffee wrote in another thread:

sedjtroll wrote:
In the 2nd edition of the base game (i.e. the reprint), we did adjust a few of the characters.

I.S.A.A.C. was actually misprinted in the 1st edition, and therefore is too strong. We fixed this in the 2nd edition by removing 2 of his Perpetual Motion tokens.

Aurelia Bailey's tokens are also kind of strong, so her losing 2 of those tiles is also OK (there only exist 3 of those tiles in the 2nd edition).

Victor Blaine seemed very weak, so we gave him a little bit of a boost. In addition to the $1 discount on depots, he now also starts the game with a level 2 train.

All of those changes are backwards compatible, you may feel free to use those errata in your games of KAS from now on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's good to know.

However, IIRC, one of the problems we had with ISAAC was that no one was ever willing to choose Aurelia when getting that airship, as the extra actions seemed all around better, so docking her tokens in the same way seems a bad step. But I'm less confident about that than about ISAAC being too good and Blaine being too weak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the character that let you choose the demand token? We also found that to be weak. Well, be played the game once and we're far from experts, hence my question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Well, that's good to know.

However, IIRC, one of the problems we had with ISAAC was that no one was ever willing to choose Aurelia when getting that airship, as the extra actions seemed all around better, so docking her tokens in the same way seems a bad step. But I'm less confident about that than about ISAAC being too good and Blaine being too weak.

I think it's one of those cases where ISAAC's aility is so obviously good or so flexible that it appears much better than Aurelia's, While Aurelia's ability can be worth as much or more. Her ability generates additional cubes which are worth points, and also upgrades undeliverable or low value cubes into higher value/in demand cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.