Popular Tags: [View All]
Sascha Näthler
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Greetings everyone.

Just to be sure...

Wendegas ability does 5 damage when 3 sixes Are rolled. But this is not armorpiercing so useless against the kraken?

Wendegas 15atk is added as dice?

On the other Hand, the Kraken ability does trigger in a one on one fight When wendega Rolls a one and is damaged?

Got pretty wrecked in this mission...

Edit for another question on this scenario About the roll for .."the tomb shakes": do you roll once for each player per round or for each action an adventurer takes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nedla wrote:
Greetings everyone.

Just to be sure...

Wendegas ability does 5 damage when 3 sixes Are rolled. But this is not armorpiercing so useless against the kraken?

Wendegas 15atk is added as dice?

On the other Hand, the Kraken ability does trigger in a one on one fight When wendega Rolls a one and is damaged?

Got pretty wrecked in this mission...

Edit for another question on this scenario About the roll for .."the tomb shakes": do you roll once for each player per round or for each action an adventurer takes?

Hey There!

So, the 5 damage is Automatically applied to the Kraken when this happens.
The 15 attack is 15 dice + the Controllers Mythos score!

The Kraken's ability will trigger if/when anything combats it.

Each player rolls on their turn before they take any action for the Tomb Shakes! So it would be almost 12 rolls per round!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Näthler
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ahh... So wendega actually goes through the 5 armor of the kraken. Is this unique to creature vs creature combat?
Many abilities specifically indicate that they pass armor, like the special traps from the trapper guy.
Or is armor only relevant for combat situations?

This was our only mistake in this mission then, i got jinxed Shortly After the kraken appeared and failed like 7-8 Mythos Checks for the shaking tomb.
By the time we Found wendega the kraken was like 20 attack. Pour wendega didnt stand a Chance...

Great fun anyway, glad i backed this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Wiley
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
I got wrecked the first time on the scenario as well. Lots of bad rolls and bad cards and getting trapped on the third floor. By the time I got back to the first level, it was crawling the creatures and I just got negative couraged to fleeing and lost.

The second time I played, I had a much better going. Lots of good rolls, good cards, and picked some of the characters that increased courage. We did it with no problem at all. The Kraken wasn't able to destroy a single level 3 title from the Mythos rolls and the Wendega just beat him up badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prestonw wrote:
I got wrecked the first time on the scenario as well. Lots of bad rolls and bad cards and getting trapped on the third floor. By the time I got back to the first level, it was crawling the creatures and I just got negative couraged to fleeing and lost.

The second time I played, I had a much better going. Lots of good rolls, good cards, and picked some of the characters that increased courage. We did it with no problem at all. The Kraken wasn't able to destroy a single level 3 title from the Mythos rolls and the Wendega just beat him up badly.

NICE!!! (For both times! lol... Go Kraken! lol sorry designer evil devildevildevil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Perez
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay We played for the first time this weekend and this came up. The Kraken and the Wendega came into play almost simultaneously(1 or maybe two actions apart). However when that happened, there was no connection between the third and second levels. We found all the necessary clues on levels 1 and 2 and didn't get any of the tiles that provide a connection to three. How does the Kraken move towards the Wendega as the scenario rules require?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamermatt wrote:
Okay We played for the first time this weekend and this came up. The Kraken and the Wendega came into play almost simultaneously(1 or maybe two actions apart). However when that happened, there was no connection between the third and second levels. We found all the necessary clues on levels 1 and 2 and didn't get any of the tiles that provide a connection to three. How does the Kraken move towards the Wendega as the scenario rules require?

Boss Creatures, including the Wendega can always move from the Pharoah's Hall to the Mongol's Hall and back without needing a special way down. So you could use the player who controls the Wendega to order him to move down to the Kraken on its own. In addition, the Kraken would also activate Movement as well, which will help them come together for a big clash of the titans!

As a reminder, for harder difficulty, remove the soul monger tile and play with only the first level with 2 tile setup only. This makes the game harder forcing you to explore deeper into the tomb!

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nedla wrote:
Ahh... So wendega actually goes through the 5 armor of the kraken. Is this unique to creature vs creature combat?
Many abilities specifically indicate that they pass armor, like the special traps from the trapper guy.

I haven't seen an answer from EEG on this question. Is damage dealt by special effects handled differently with respect to armor than damage dealt in combat?

The Wendega's triggered ability is only one example. The Companion card Katarina Fedikov is another. She has the ability: "Deal 3 damage to any creature up to 3 rooms away..." We have been resolving that damage like combat damage, i.e. armor reduces the damage. Is this not correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Nedla wrote:

I haven't seen an answer from EEG on this question. Is damage dealt by special effects handled differently with respect to armor than damage dealt in combat?

The Wendega's triggered ability is only one example. The Companion card Katarina Fedikov is another. She has the ability: "Deal 3 damage to any creature up to 3 rooms away..." We have been resolving that damage like combat damage, i.e. armor reduces the damage. Is this not correct?

When an effect in the game reads "Deal X Damage to Y" then it is automatically applied. There is no chance for armor to prevent any damage. You literally just take that damage....

Similar to when you read a story card and it says -3 <Health Symbol> even if you have armor, you're losing 3 health.

Same thing

Let me know if I can clarify further.

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hebert
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi Chris!

One other question regarding Wendega/Kraken combat. *Just played through this scenario last night and had a blast with it, thank you!!*

One question my wife and I had that we couldn't seem to find the answer to was this: when the Kraken uses his ability and destroys a Level 3 room, he also gains a gold triangle combat-buffing token. However, when the Wendega gets to use his ability when three 6's are rolled and a previously destroyed room gets to be put back in the undiscovered tile deck, does the Kraken also lose the combat-buff that he gained when he destroyed the room?

This situation went like this: the Kraken destroyed three Level 3 rooms prior to my wife and being able to wake up the Wendega (long story--had all the cyphers but got stuck on Level 3 looking for the bloody staircase). So the Kraken ended up with a Combat Rating of 13 by the time we were finally able to the Wendega to him. We were able to trigger the Wendega's Regrowth ability almost every time we initiated combat with the Wendega against the Kraken, putting all of the destroyed rooms back into the undiscovered tile deck. But does the Kraken's +3 combat buff still remain through the entirety of the game?

Hope this all makes sense. And any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paullywally123 wrote:
Hi Chris!

One other question regarding Wendega/Kraken combat. *Just played through this scenario last night and had a blast with it, thank you!!*

One question my wife and I had that we couldn't seem to find the answer to was this: when the Kraken uses his ability and destroys a Level 3 room, he also gains a gold triangle combat-buffing token. However, when the Wendega gets to use his ability when three 6's are rolled and a previously destroyed room gets to be put back in the undiscovered tile deck, does the Kraken also lose the combat-buff that he gained when he destroyed the room?

This situation went like this: the Kraken destroyed three Level 3 rooms prior to my wife and being able to wake up the Wendega (long story--had all the cyphers but got stuck on Level 3 looking for the bloody staircase). So the Kraken ended up with a Combat Rating of 13 by the time we were finally able to the Wendega to him. We were able to trigger the Wendega's Regrowth ability almost every time we initiated combat with the Wendega against the Kraken, putting all of the destroyed rooms back into the undiscovered tile deck. But does the Kraken's +3 combat buff still remain through the entirety of the game?

Hope this all makes sense. And any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

The Kraken keeps his buff until rooms are regrown!!! The pile of tiles can be counted as his buff counter! He gets tougher and tougher but he's alone so you get to pummel him with the Wendega AND your own weapons so you should be able to take him down if you have enough firepower

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.