Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leela and Team sponsership rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Rogers
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Hi folks, wondering if you can assist with a rules question concerning the timing of when scored abilities on cards on both the runner and corp side.

Lets say for example, the corp has a rezzed team sponsership and the runner is leela with a logos. Once the corp scores an agenda, what is the order of triggers?

My feeling is the corp (as its his turn) triggers sponsership first, then leela can decide the order of her bouncing / logos however she pleases. If this is correct, then lets add another layer of complication. Lets say the corp just scored a research grant and installed another one from HQ. Would the corp have a window to score this 2nd copy of agenda before Leela could bounce it? A similar example would be nbn scoring another BN/astro uses tokens or sansan before leela could react?

You help much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rogers
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply. In this case, leelas effects would stack up i suppose.

Lets say the corp did a 3x research grant combo, then priority is passed to leela she would be able to bounce 3 cards and tutor up 3 more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The rule of chain reactions requires most recent triggers be resolved before older pending triggers. Notably, you'd {bounce card, tutor card} three times in a row, but I can't think of any card interaction off the top of my head where you couldn't just batch those triggers up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you have Gang Sign in play. You obviously want to access the hand when it has less cards in it, but you have to bounce a card before you do the gang sign trigger from the first agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Well if you have Gang Sign in play. You obviously want to access the hand when it has less cards in it, but you have to bounce a card before you do the gang sign trigger from the first agenda.

This is not correct. The runner may resolve their simultaneously-triggered conditional abilities in whatever order they choose. You are perfectly free to resolve Gang Sign before Leela's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

This is not correct. The runner may resolve their simultaneously-triggered conditional abilities in whatever order they choose. You are perfectly free to resolve Gang Sign before Leela's ability.

I think you misread my reply.

The corp has scored 2 agendas. I get 2 gang signs and 2 leelas, I have to do one 1 Leela + 1 Gang Sign and then 1 Leela + 1 Gang Sign.

If they scored 2 agendas using Team Sponsorship, you can't use Gang Sign twice and then use Leela to bounce 2 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Novacat wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

I think you misread my reply.

The corp has scored 2 agendas. I get 2 gang signs and 2 leelas, I have to do one 1 Leela + 1 Gang Sign and then 1 Leela + 1 Gang Sign.

If they scored 2 agendas using Team Sponsorship, you can't use Gang Sign twice and then use Leela to bounce 2 cards.

I think the mistake was in your first post. You should perhaps have said you have to do a bounce before you di the gang sign for the second agenda, not the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I said that, then it would be wrong (the second agenda is the second one scored by the corp)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
If I said that, then it would be wrong (the second agenda is the second one scored by the corp)

Your reply was

Kamakaze wrote:
...you have to bounce a card before you do the gang sign trigger from the first agenda.

That's obviously not true. The Corp scores the first Agenda, you can Gang Sign, then bounce, then resolve the second 'Agenda-scored' triggers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

Your reply was

Kamakaze wrote:
...you have to bounce a card before you do the gang sign trigger from the first agenda.

That's obviously not true. The Corp scores the first Agenda, you can Gang Sign, then bounce, then resolve the second 'Agenda-scored' triggers.

That obviously is true. The scoring of the second agenda is from a triggered effect, and since this is "scoring" an agenda, it then triggers new effects, those effects need to be resolved before you can go back and resolved the effects of the "first" agenda scored.

Corp Scores Research Grant.
-- when score triggers
-- corp installs new agenda using Team Sponsorship
-- corp scores new agenda using research Grant
----- then score triggers level 2
----- corp uses Team Sponsorship to install something
----- runner uses gang sign to access HQ (2nd agenda trigger)
----- runner uses Leela to bounce a card (2nd agenda trigger)
-- runner uses gang sign to access HQ (1st agenda trigger)
-- runner uses Leela to bounce a card (1st agenda trigger)

So the Gang Sign trigger from the first agenda has to come after the Leela bounce from the 2nd agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

Your reply was

Kamakaze wrote:

That obviously is true. The scoring of the second agenda is from a triggered effect, and since this is "scoring" an agenda, it then triggers new effects, those effects need to be resolved before you can go back and resolved the effects of the "first" agenda scored.

Corp Scores Research Grant.
-- when score triggers
-- corp installs new agenda using Team Sponsorship
-- corp scores new agenda using research Grant
----- then score triggers level 2
----- corp uses Team Sponsorship to install something
----- runner uses gang sign to access HQ (2nd agenda trigger)
----- runner uses Leela to bounce a card (2nd agenda trigger)
-- runner uses gang sign to access HQ (1st agenda trigger)
-- runner uses Leela to bounce a card (1st agenda trigger)

So the Gang Sign trigger from the first agenda has to come after the Leela bounce from the 2nd agenda.

Right, now I gotcha. Because you resolve triggers from the 2nd Agenda first due to nesting. Apologies, I'd not properly thought it through

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rogers
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Helps to think like a computer program.

Thanks for the replies and discussion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.