Subject: scripted first move? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this neat game for the first time tonight and we thought it was really fun.

But we were a little confused about our heads of the household. Since they start with a pawn of a specific color, and spots can be blocked, our first moves were all to use that bonus pawn to take the corosponding action. Is that always the case or are we missing something?

My main question is wouldn't it just have been easier to give us that bonus instead of a pawn? Since the pawn is lost at the end of the round you have to use it anyway. Maybe I'm missing something?

I guess obviously it does prevent others from taking that action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally do not use my colored pawn right away necessarily, as you can save it for any point in that generation, not just that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bradandmary wrote:
I personally do not use my colored pawn right away necessarily, as you can save it for any point in that generation, not just that round.

I guess that is true, but the 1st generation is only 2 rounds.

It makes more sense, but i was just wondering how others played it, all 4 of us did that, but it was our first play also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lalyman
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
It depends on the pawn color, and my plan of action for the game. It's rarely my first move, though - the most frequent first action in the games I played was to marry, as it is often very important to know what will be the gender of your first child, or if said child will die, forcing you to spend more of your few actions to compensate. Also, very often, the first move is to grab a friend who would be a better spouse than what you have in hand.
Red pawns though are often played very fast, as the mission may influence your choice of spouse/friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.