Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to our 6 competitors for the wild card! Here are the rules for this playoff, as outlined in the main discussion thread:

6 players:
- The players will be randomly seeded 1-6.
- The players will be grouped into 3 pods of 2 players each, and pairings will be as follows:

1 v. 6
2 v. 5
3 v. 4

- The winner of each pod (or loser, in the event of a contest for relegation) in the first round of the playoff will proceed into the second round, which will be performed according to a normal 3-player playoff.

A "normal 3-player playoff" is the kind where each player plays each of the others and whoever wins twice is the winner.

Each match will be one game, just like the regular season.

Here are our six competitors:

greylag (Cutter)
AtheistPanda (Frigate)
kolok (Frigate)
Messire (Frigate)
DCrossTL (Ram)
jbuergel (Screecher)

Pairings for wild card playoff, round 1:

greylag d. AtheistPanda
kolok d. DCrossTL
jbuergel d. Messire

Pairings for wild-card promotion, round 3:

kolok d. jbuergel
jbuergel d. greylag
greylag d. kolok

Pairings for wild-card promotion, round 3:

jbuergel v. kolok
kolok v. greylag
greylag v. jbuergel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheee! Challenged AtheistPanda. FYI, fellow wild-carders, I'm a no-expansion player, so just vanilla game for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So playoffs again for me, doing it the hard way... This will teach me to race harder for that Megahauler next time! (Messire might remember what I'm talking about )

It could prove to be challenging to complete this until the 21th of Sep.

I'm in the CEST timezone and do the bulk of my playing btw 18.00-24.00 CEST, checking the app many times in that period. Also good for a turn or 2 around 6.30-7.00 CEST. So I'll be available to play my 1st game in about 10 hours from now.

Good luck for everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Wheee! Challenged AtheistPanda. FYI, fellow wild-carders, I'm a no-expansion player, so just vanilla game for me.

Hey, greylag, would you be so kind and beat Panda, he's a naughty one, steamrolled me in our Frigate matchup... Still hurts... cry
And please write one of those excellent reports about it for I can read it. devil

Sorry AtheistPanda, just jokin'. We were fellow div'ers with greylag during Season 10 in the Irons, I've come to like her writing and respect her playing since that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hey kolok! Didn't seeya in there. Let's hope we get to meet again in a match
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
hey kolok! Didn't seeya in there. Let's hope we get to meet again in a match

As per our last game I do not quite long for that that much...
But seriously: any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:

D'oh! I always forget to include that part...

If it's not too late:

greylag (N)
AtheistPanda (S)
kolok (S)
Messire (S)
DCrossTL (NP)
jbuergel (NP)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greylag, keeping it old school cool (I've got the physical F&F/B&B/Gambit expansions, but don't feel like paying for it online)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
greylag, keeping it old school cool (I've got the physical F&F/B&B/Gambit expansions, but don't feel like paying for it online)

My son does the same (and will do in the league next season as well ) even though we've been playing with the digital Gambit exp. and also with Crisis for quite some time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy... I'm all fired up for this 'an all... but, er... what is a wild card? What am I playing for again...? Is this promotion? Or championship? (seems like championship's started so I guess promotion?)

EDIT: Scratch that, I got it, it's promotion:

Aweberman wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Remy... I'm all fired up for this 'an all... but, er... what is a wild card? What am I playing for again...? Is this promotion? Or championship? (seems like championship's started so I guess promotion?)

EDIT: Scratch that, I got it, it's promotion:

Aweberman wrote:

Yep, you got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reclaimer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Type S challenge sent to kolok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DCross519 wrote:
Type S challenge sent to kolok

Will accept it in about 2 hours.
Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Crabtree
United States
Ellsworth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:

Sounds good. I just accepted and will play when I get time today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
crabtrgr wrote:
greylag wrote:

Sounds good. I just accepted and will play when I get time today!

Whoo! Good luck. I feel like this is a borrowed opportunity so I'm happy however it goes - just glad to be getting in some more league play before the end of the season. That said, you should know I'm on a hell of a streak right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Challenge sent to Messire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbuergel wrote:
Challenge sent to Messire.
Challenge accepted!

kolok wrote:
So playoffs again for me, doing it the hard way... This will teach me to race harder for that Megahauler next time! (Messire might remember what I'm talking about )
Indeed
First playoffs for me though. Fingers crossed whistle

kolok wrote:
I'm in the CEST timezone and do the bulk of my playing btw 18.00-24.00 CEST, checking the app many times in that period.
Me too. Let's play, wait we are not paired. Yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy, please help me with a dilemma.

What's the view of the league on the fact that, in the app, Mech World counts as a Blob card for the purposes of Blob World's draw ability?

I've just gotten a double draw off it in my game with AtheistPanda (I played Mech World, Blob World, then chose "draw"), and as a result I've got lethal damage on the board.

If I'd only drawn 1, as the designers have confirmed is correct (this is confirmed as a bug, in other words), I'd be 4 damage off lethal, and I'd also have 4 less authority (yes, it drew a Cutter).

What should I do?

My cards are all played out, but I haven't done combat yet, and I could choose to not scrap Dreadnaught, which would leave AtheistPanda on 5.

It's not going to be easy to recover the state (the Cutter has moved out of the draw half of my deck, for example), but I'm happy to have a go at it.

There wasn't a way to have only drawn 1 from it, because I needed to play Mech World earlier in the turn regardless before deciding how to handle Blob World (there was a red ally draw off Missle Mech I had to see the result of).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(AtheistPanda, sorry to leave ya hanging!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Remy, please help me with a dilemma.

What's the view of the league on the fact that, in the app, Mech World counts as a Blob card for the purposes of Blob World's draw ability?

I've just gotten a double draw off it in my game with AtheistPanda (I played Mech World, Blob World, then chose "draw"), and as a result I've got lethal damage in hand.

If I'd only drawn 1, as the designers have confirmed is correct (this is confirmed as a bug, in other words), I'd be 4 damage off lethal, and I'd also have 4 less authority (yes, it drew a Cutter).

What should I do?

My cards are all played out, but I haven't done combat yet, and I could choose to not scrap Dreadnaught, which would leave AtheistPanda on 5.

It's not going to be easy to recover the state (the Cutter has moved out of the draw half of my deck, for example), but I'm happy to have a go at it.

There wasn't a way to have only drawn 1 from it, because I needed to play Mech World earlier in the turn regardless before deciding how to handle Blob World (there was a red ally draw off Missle Mech I had to see the result of).

World class sportsmanship, er... sportswomanship on display!
Awesome, no, that is really what I think.

On the root of the issue itself: if it is indeed confirmed as a bug (how long/since when has it been acknowledged?), I'd like to politely ask - not you greylag - why hasn't it been fixed yet...

I wonder what Remy has to say about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Messire wrote:
kolok wrote:
I'm in the CEST timezone and do the bulk of my playing btw 18.00-24.00 CEST, checking the app many times in that period.
Me too. Let's play, wait we are not paired. Yet.

I'm doing my best to get there. We're gearing up for a hell of a match with DCrossTL... gotta go it's my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here's the reference for it being a bug:

IanWWG wrote:
Mech World shouldn't count as a Blob card. This is a bug, and should hopefully be taken care of in the next update (likely when the first Crisis chapter hits)

Ian Taylor
Rules Manager
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
jbuergel over Messire. The Ark popping up at the right time for me made all the difference. Good game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias the Bold
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey kolok and greylag, proud to see you two kept up the work and are fighting to join me in the silver tier (got second place in my div this time around, competition is getting real). I need to face off against you guys again.

But really, good luck to you all!! But I am totally rooting for greylag, DCrossTL, or kolok. (: cause got to rep my people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey Matthew Haha it's getting like a school reunion in here. "GO GO IRON EXPLORERS of '10!" Glad to see they're putting up a fight where you're at, we'll be on your heels soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.