Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure we did this right, but I thought I'd ask here just to soothe my mind.

We had a German squad firing on a Russian squad that was in smoke(4). The FP was calculated including the -4 modifier for the smoke to arrive at some final FP x (can't remember the exact number).

On the ensuing attack roll a breeze event was revealed which cleared away that smoke. We ruled that since the final FP was calculated while the smoke was still in the hex, that the FP was still affected by it. In other words, we didn't retroactively modifiy the final FP to remove the smoke modifier before adding the results of the attack roll; we kept it as it was.

Did we do that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel F
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You did it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. The key rule is O20.3.3: "Once the final FP is determined, the firing player makes a roll and adds it to the final FP to arrive at an Attack Total." I.e., the final FP is fixed before the roll is made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.