1 Posts

Starfire» Forums » Variants

Subject: Modified Engine room rule. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Modified Engine room rule based on a rule that they added. Here every ship has a different set of engine rooms to give it the maximum speed that it can be given. It doesn't slow the game any because it only effects what you do when you are designing ships.

. . 1] Each Engine Room (= e.r.) gives the ship a speed of 3, 2, or 1.
. . 2] The DD uses one I as its engine room. FG uses 3x I and 2x {ii} for its engine rooms.
. . . . a] Each I gives the DD or FG a speed of 1 and each {ii} gives it a speed of 2. The 2 i's indicate the speed given is 2 hexes per turn. So, a FG needs 3x I & 2x {ii} for its speed of 7 in this order
I {ii} I {ii} I.
. . . . b] Each I in a any size ship is a separate system for space & damage. All I's in an e.r. must be functioning to give the ship its extra speed of 1/turn.
. . . . c] The whole engine room on an ES, FG or CR (= {ii} or {iii}) is one space and is destroyed as 1 system, not 2. It costs 5, same as an I.
. . 3] The CA uses {II} for each engine room. CL use {I} or {II} alternating for their engine rooms. The BC alternates {II} with {III} like a CL. BB use {III} for each e.r. And SD use {III II}for its e.r. These e.r. all give the ship a speed of 1 per e.r. Oops, the SD must have an even bigger e.r.
. . 4] The CR (Corvet) uses an {ii} for its engine room. Each {ii} gives it a speed of 2. So, a speed 8 CR needs 4x {ii}. Each {ii} costs the same as an I, is 1 system for space and damage.
. . 5] The ES uses an {iii} for its e.r. Each {iii} gives it a speed of 3. So, a speed 9 ES needs 3 e.r.
Or, the ES can use 3x {ii} and 1x {iii} to give it a speed of 9, the extra i in one e.r. is free (because the ship is smaller).
. . 6] You will notice that I'm suggesting that some of the ships be given new speeds. This is why you might build them. SD = 3, FG = 7, CR = 8, and ES = 9; with most FTR being 10 &/or maybe 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.