Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game sounds interesting, but not sure how well it would go over with my group. So here comes the ultimate question. Any chance you can play this solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That would require some pretty serious re-engineering. One of the big elements of this game is how quickly during each round the opportunities to play your cards disappear.

You'd need a system, either an entirely new deck or dice and a table, to decide which spaces become unavailable to you. Even then you'd lose a lot. Say you had a deck of cards naming the various areas. After each of your plays you turn over one of those and place it in the appropriate area, limiting you choices. This would still be random. With real players I can see that you put a modest value card in the City Slumbering, and anticipate that you'll probably put a second card there so you can buy something bigger. So if I want to go to CS I better go now. Ditto the High School, except there I will delay if I think you're going to go there, because there are more spaces and it's advantageous to play later. There would still be a game here if you were playing against a random system, but even with some effort it would not be the same as playing humans.

Plus, squeezing people out of spots they want is fun. There is a much higher level of interaction in this game than any other deck builder I've played.

I look forward to Eric's answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really never intended this game for solo play. I doubt there is any kind of "robot" player you could create to make the game function as a challenging solo.

Time to make some new friends, with more far-ranging tastes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew's random space filler would work to just crank it out, but I agree that it would basically just be practice to see the card interactions. Also, how do you determine the bot's contribution to the Wax Kingdom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.