Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see if I can talk Daniel into making a board game page with the new edition including the box art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the latest TMG newsletter

Quote:
If you are looking forward to the Colosseum Kickstarter, we have decided to move the launch of that into 2016. More about that to come in the next newsletter.

Which I am glad for myself, I have kickstarted The 7th Continent and am leaning to getting Scythe and I am planning on doing Colosseum so having that delayed to 2016 makes it a lot easier for me to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalendar wrote:
From the latest TMG newsletter

Quote:
If you are looking forward to the Colosseum Kickstarter, we have decided to move the launch of that into 2016. More about that to come in the next newsletter.

Which I am glad for myself, I have kickstarted The 7th Continent and am leaning to getting Scythe and I am planning on doing Colosseum so having that delayed to 2016 makes it a lot easier for me to do.

That is both a bummer and a relief. Like you I don't have as many funds as before and this way I can save a bit while deciding if this is the right game for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
Will this new edition fix the rather gaping flaws of the old one? I'm not interested in re-buying it if it plays exactly the way it did previously.

I believe TMG has some of the best developers out there, so with that said, I hope they bring it to the best gameplay possible. If there are any flaws, they should be addressed...unless they were not given rights to change it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AWTama wrote:
I'll see if I can talk Daniel into making a board game page with the new edition including the box art.

is it that different to warrant a new page? or are you saying on the TMG website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
AWTama wrote:

is it that different to warrant a new page? or are you saying on the TMG website?

They made a new page under the "versions" section on Colosseum's main page. I'm guessing that's what he meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
AWTama wrote:

They made a new page under the "versions" section on Colosseum's main page. I'm guessing that's what he meant.

okay. I was actually hoping it was changed enough to warrant a new page devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
Will this new edition fix the rather gaping flaws of the old one? I'm not interested in re-buying it if it plays exactly the way it did previously.

What flaws are you referring too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
If enough of us dream, if a bare thousand of us dream, we can change the world. We can dream it anew!
badge
It is sometimes a mistake to climb, it is always a mistake never even to make the attempt.
mbmbmb
Does anyone know if they'll add a 2 player variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the rest of the new art work is anything like the new box cover, count me out. Makes it look like a kids' game. Too bad, since the DOW edition is so classy. I hope a lot of people who already own the game like the new version and sell their old copies, making them more affordable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nafmi Sanichar - van Herwijnen
Netherlands
Weesp
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how much they're going to make the tiers. I own the original version, but I like Davis's art in general. So might KS this one and trade away my original copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nafmi wrote:
I wonder how much they're going to make the tiers. I own the original version, but I like Davis's art in general. So might KS this one and trade away my original copy.

Let me know if you do, I'd be interested in the DoW edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Claessens

Washington
msg tools
I was really looking forward to this reprint for quite a while but the new artwork does not work for me at all. I understand some people may find it appealing but, I absolutely don't and will pass if it remains as such...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kuster
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad I have the original, IMO better components and board, actually no interest in the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
roberious wrote:
So glad I have the original, IMO better components and board, actually no interest in the KS.

Same here. I will not be buying the new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holzman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone without the DOW edition, I think I will back it, so I can get a chance to play what seems to be a good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Quinn
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
I got really excited when I heard about this. And then I saw the artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call him
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the nice bold colours of this new version. The DOW version looks pleasant enough, but it has the look of a dry, heavy euro rather than a light-to-middle weight family game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |