Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kalle Marjola
Finland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had now two games with 4 players, with new players in both games (except for me, of course).

First impressions of this game are very positive. I love the artwork and the theme and atmosphere of a struggle inside a coach storming toward its destination is very dense. The mechanics roll fast and game feels well thought and balanced. I will not go into details of how the game works as this is already explained, but instead go through some problems we had.

On the downside, newbies had problems with (English) texts of some cards and there was certain confusion and unclear rules for the first timers. For example, two players thought that they cannot accept a secret bag at all if they have a secret bag (but other items, too). The trade-in concept - who reads what and who gets the benefict - got confused several times. Some professions were not understood.

Some misunderstandings were most probably because of the intoxinated state of the second gaming group - so, perhaps do not introduce this game as the last game of the evening, if people are already tired and not on their sharpest mood.

For the (English) rules in overall, the rule book should have a bit more explained rules for certain cards, and thus I recommend that the first timers read the FAQ from here before playing the game if able.

It is also obvious that some people might not like this, as it is, after all, a bluffing team game which might get very personal (some do not like attacking each other, some might get frustrated if their association partners play too badly...)

As a conclusion, after the first two games I love this little game, and I'm certain that it gets better when we get more players to play it. For the price I paid for it (a bit more than 5 euros), it is an excellent addition to any gaming library, as a quite fast multi-player deduction/bluffing games are not that common. Or just for the impressive artwork!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Zach
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
rpr- wrote:
For example, two players thought that they cannot accept a secret bag at all if they have a secret bag (but other items, too).

I will take that to the FAQ.

I also added some hints for the first game to the FAQ:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/136292
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.