Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired a copy of Merchants of Amsterdam because I thought it would make a good lunch game, but when I got the box, it lists 90 minutes as the playtime, not the 60 minutes listed on BGG's entry. Which do you think is accurate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it could be played in sixty minutes, if all the players know the game well; but even then, I think ninety minutes would be far more common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I have played 13 times (2 four-player games and 11 five-player games). Each game had about three new players. The play times ranged from an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and 44 minutes. Average: about 90 minutes. Important note: these are play times. The rules explanation adds about 30 more minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Ward wrote:
The rules explanation adds about 30 more minutes.

My feeling is that to experienced game players I'd be disappointed if I couldn't do that in half that time. (I have done it recently, but didn't time it, so I can't be certain.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! It sounds like this is one for game night and not lunchtime. While that's a bummer, I suppose it's not really a punishment to "have" to play Ra and Medici more. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.