Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikhail's Sacred style states that "Attacks at range 3 or greater do not hit you or deal damage during this beat." Implicitly, this only applies to opponent's attacks, but the text is unclear - especially for multiplayer games.

1) Does Mikhail not deal damage at range 3 or greater this beat (because "attacks at range 3 or greater do not deal damage this beat") - I'd guess he still does damage, at least from what's implied by the style/reference card.

2) In a 2v2, assuming it affects both opponents, does it prevent your opponents from dealing damage to your teammates at range 3 or greater? Or is it "Attacks at range 3 or greater do not hit you or deal damage to you during this beat."

It hasn't come up in a while but people were chatting about it yesterday and just want to double-check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andarel wrote:
Mikhail's Sacred style states that "Attacks at range 3 or greater do not hit you or deal damage during this beat." Implicitly, this only applies to opponent's attacks, but the text is unclear - especially for multiplayer games.

1) Does Mikhail not deal damage at range 3 or greater this beat (because "attacks at range 3 or greater do not deal damage this beat") - I'd guess he still does damage, at least from what's implied by the style/reference card.

2) In a 2v2, assuming it affects both opponents, does it prevent your opponents from dealing damage to your teammates at range 3 or greater? Or is it "Attacks at range 3 or greater do not hit you or deal damage to you during this beat."

It hasn't come up in a while but people were chatting about it yesterday and just want to double-check.

It's always been weird to have that "don't deal damage" clause, but in the cases you mentioned, simply play the card as if that "don't deal damage" clause didn't exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "do not deal damage" clause would activate if Mikhail were hit by a Grasp at range 2, then moved by the opponent to range 3, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Senser
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
I believe in you.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
The "do not deal damage" clause would activate if Mikhail were hit by a Grasp at range 2, then moved by the opponent to range 3, correct?

Yes, that is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Andarel wrote:

I'd like an answer to this, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.