Subject: Wooded terrain, Gaining ground, Pursuit and Bonus attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T.W. Man
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A unit who moves into wooded terrain can not move any further this turn. Am I interpreting it correctly like this:

- My unit moves into a forest and attacks an adjacent unit. It retreats due to flags rolled. My unit is not allowed to gain ground.

- I have cavalry which moves into a forest and attacks an adjacent unit. It retreats due to flags rolled. My cavalry is not allowed to gain ground and therefore also not able to go in pursuit nor perform a bonus attack.

- I have a cavalry which attacks a unit which stands in the woods. It retreats due to flags rolled. My unit is allowed to gain ground into the woods. If it does, the cavalry unit is considered to be in pursuit. It is, however, not allowed to make an extra pursuit move (not even returning to its original hex!). It is allowed to make a bonus attack from the woods hex, because it is considered to be in pursuit.

Are all of the above correct or have I misread the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TeeWee wrote:
- My unit moves into a forest and attacks an adjacent unit. It retreats due to flags rolled. My unit is not allowed to gain ground.

Correct.

TeeWee wrote:
- I have cavalry which moves into a forest and attacks an adjacent unit. It retreats due to flags rolled. My cavalry is not allowed to gain ground and therefore also not able to go in pursuit nor perform a bonus attack.

Correct.

TeeWee wrote:
- I have a cavalry which attacks a unit which stands in the woods. It retreats due to flags rolled. My unit is allowed to gain ground into the woods. If it does, the cavalry unit is considered to be in pursuit. It is, however, not allowed to make an extra pursuit move (not even returning to its original hex!). It is allowed to make a bonus attack from the woods hex, because it is considered to be in pursuit.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
All correct, just an addendum...

TeeWee wrote:
A unit who moves into wooded terrain can not move any further this turn.

...except by way of retreat.

If you unit moves into woods but was forced to retreat (say, flags rolled in battleback) it could vacate the woods in retreat (it wouldn't be forced to stay and take a hit for inability to retreat, unless of course its possible retreat hexes were impassable).

If a unit is forced to retreat multiple hexes and the first hex is into woods, it still continues its retreat and goes back beyond the woods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.