Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
preston smith
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys When you activate Armor units in the movement phase-they can't move in this phase(movement) but can move in the exploitation phase-then the Black barrel stays on them "into" the next players turn and could be/or must be? released during the Defender Reaction Phase.

Is this correct under Rule 31.0 BIE(Motorization). Trying to get this reserve movement down. If not I don't really understand why you would put the armor in reserve during the movement phase, when they can do both -Movement and exp without being in reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
razorbacjac wrote:
Hey guys When you activate Armor units in the movement phase-they can't move in this phase(movement) but can move in the exploitation phase-then the Black barrel stays on them "into" the next players turn and could be/or must be? released during the Defender Reaction Phase.

Is this correct? Trying to get this reserve movement down.

Not quite. In the movement phase, if an armor HQ activates and fuels an armor unit, it can move and attack normally. If you wish, you may place them in reserve mode, with a black barrel. If you do that, they may not move in the movement phase but will in the armor exploitation phase. Generally in the movement phase you'll only put infantry into reserve mode. During the armor exploitation phase, you can activate an armor HQ and fuel armor units. Again they can move (but not fight) normally, or you can put them into reserve mode. If you do that, they cannot move during exploitation, and cannot move again until the other side's turn, when they may react into a combat. Note that you cannot put infantry into reserve mode during the armor exploitation phase.

Using armor units in reserve mode is generally a tactic when you're on the defense. Using infantry in the reserve mode is generally a way to fill in the holes which attacking / blitzing armor make, so the enemy can't move into them and put you OOS.

It's a really fun part of the game, once you get a handle on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
preston smith
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
razorbacjac wrote:

Not quite. In the movement phase, if an armor HQ activates and fuels an armor unit, it can move and attack normally. If you wish, you may place them in reserve mode, with a black barrel. If you do that, they may not move in the movement phase but will in the armor exploitation phase. Generally in the movement phase you'll only put infantry into reserve mode. During the armor exploitation phase, you can activate an armor HQ and fuel armor units. Again they can move (but not fight) normally, or you can put them into reserve mode. If you do that, they cannot move during exploitation, and cannot move again until the other side's turn, when they may react into a combat. Note that you cannot put infantry into reserve mode during the armor exploitation phase.

Using armor units in reserve mode is generally a tactic when you're on the defense. Using infantry in the reserve mode is generally a way to fill in the holes which attacking / blitzing armor make, so the enemy can't move into them and put you OOS.

Chris, the part I'am not understanding, is placing Armor in the Movement phase...why place them in the movement phase, when they can't move and then they can be released and move in exploitation phase. The Armor unit can do this without being placed into a reserve status(It can move in both phases anyway).

So I'am trying to understand what I missing. I understand the Infantry reserve placement. Help my Poor Brain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
razorbacjac wrote:
fatgreta wrote:
razorbacjac wrote:

Chris, the part I'am not understanding, is placing Armor in the Movement phase...why place them in the movement phase, when they can't move and then they can be released and move in exploitation phase. The Armor unit can do this without being placed into a reserve status(It can move in both phases anyway).

So I'am trying to understand what I missing. I understand the Infantry reserve placement. Help my Poor Brain.

I don't think you'd want to do that very often. If you want to be able to move your armor in exploitation phase without having to reactivate an HQ to fuel them, you'd do it that way, saving a YPP and Oil by not reducing an HQ another step during exploitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
preston smith
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okie Doe. sounds like a plan. Since the Axis have hit a brick wall on the Eastern Front,due to Snow(First Winter Rules Dec 41-Mar 42). Trying to give them every legal opportunity in the east to win. Thing going fairly good for the Allieds in Afrika......for the moment.

One thing is for certain PP's is everything in N. Afrika. That's the only reason DAK is regrouping after their losses. Enjoying your AAR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.