Subject: Player Aides in French rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought CO2 earlier this week, and set it up for a solo game last night. It was then I realized that the player aides in the box were in French.

I went to the geochix.it site to e-mail them and ask for replacements, but the site requires you to set up an account in order to contact them, which I don't want to do. Anyone got a contact e-mail address for them? I know the files are on BGG, but I don't have a printer.

BTW, I played the 1st decade last night, and like the game so far. Don't fancy my chances of winning, though.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColintheFlea wrote:
I bought CO2 earlier this week, and set it up for a solo game last night. It was then I realized that the player aides in the box were in French.

I went to the geochix.it site to e-mail them and ask for replacements, but the site requires you to set up an account in order to contact them, which I don't want to do. Anyone got a contact e-mail address for them? I know the files are on BGG, but I don't have a printer.

BTW, I played the 1st decade last night, and like the game so far. Don't fancy my chances of winning, though.

Thanks,

Colin

They don't require much to register, principally an email and an address, both of which you'd be giving them anyway if you sent them an email and asked them to send you replacements.

I had the same problem (received only French player aids) with my copy of the game. I registered and used their inquiry form to request replacements, got an email a couple days later stating that the player aids would be sent to me, and then received the aids in the mail a week or two after that.

So if you really wanted the free replacement aids you could get them that way. If you are really against registering, then you might try reaching out to them via a number of BGG links (e.g., the publisher has a BGG profile, as does the employee I interacted with to get replacement parts, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know it's maybe a small thing, but it's just the principle. I don't like to be forced to sign up for yet another website, when there really is no need. I sent a quick message to Stronghold Games, to see if they can help. If not, I guess I have to bite the bullet. Just seems an odd policy.

Good to hear you got replacements. I'm mainly going to be playing solo, so it's not a huge deal, but I think the handouts really help for multiplayer.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I interacted with Stronghold Games on the same issue as well. Apparently in the Stronghold Games version there was only one English player aid included. There was some confusion over what version of the game I had (I did have the international edition ultimately) so I reached out to both Stronghold and Giochix.

Stronghold was obviously under no obligation to correct the error that they did not make, but they did ultimately send me an English player aid (I also purchased the Arctic Expansion from them). Shortly after that they uploaded the version of the player aid that is now in the files section.

In the meantime, Giochix responded to my parallel inquiry and sent me a copy of the English player aid for all players (5 copies). I don't know if the international edition originally included 5 copies in every language, or if it included 5 copies, one of which was in English, one of which was in French, one of which was in German, etc., but Giochix apparently had plenty to send.

Anyway, good luck. I have found the player aids are very helpful if you ever play multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aeroguru1978 wrote:
I interacted with Stronghold Games on the same issue as well. Apparently in the Stronghold Games version there was only one English player aid included. There was some confusion over what version of the game I had (I did have the international edition ultimately) so I reached out to both Stronghold and Giochix.

Stronghold was obviously under no obligation to correct the error that they did not make, but they did ultimately send me an English player aid (I also purchased the Artic Expansion from them). Shortly after that they uploaded the version of the player aid that is now in the files section.

In the meantime, Giochix responded to my parallel inquiry and sent me a copy of the English player aid for all players (5 copies). I don't know if the international edition originally included 5 copies in every language, or if it included 5 copies, one of which was in English, one of which was in French, one of which was in German, etc., but Giochix apparently had plenty to send.

Anyway, good luck. I have found the player aids are very helpful if you ever play multiplayer.

Well, I just got an answer back from Stronghold, saying that the player aid was a last minute addition, and was not on the component list. They don't have any English ones to send me.

I must have the International edition, as the rules are in multiple languages, but all 5 aids are in French.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And interestingly, the time i played multiplayer, with a friends copy, there were 5 English aids (the rulebook was only in English as well).

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.