Mark Bailey
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy!

My copy is arriving today, and I just discovered yesterday that the flag stickers(?) will arrive already affixed to the standard bearers. How are you experienced painters dealing with priming them? Are you simply brush-primering them soblue (to avoid getting primer on flags) or masking the flags first (what I'm considering at this point) then spraying? Or something else?

Or is my information incorrect? blush

Thanks in any case!
-mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Banners are removable. Just pull it off, hand primer the pole and edges if you wish and paint it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately the banners are removable, so you have a couple options. If you aren't comfortable with masking and you prefer to hand paint detatched banner you are in luck.

Personally I would mask the banners, prime and paint the models then remove the masking. This is the easiest route for me because of a few personal preferences. I like to paint models whole rather than piecemeal (I lose bits, things go astray etc.)
I prefer to use as much spray paint/primer/airbrushing as possible. Brush strokes are time consuming. Paint less (but do paint), play more is my motto.

When painting models this scale I usually:
Prime the models
Spray a basecoat of the dominant color
Fill in remaining details with block painting
Ink the models
Seal with Dull Cote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bailey
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.