9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Omega Virus help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lockhorst
msg tools
Good day !

I became member of this site, because i would like to ask if there is anyone out here, who knows more about the electronics, used in the boadgeme 'Omega Virus'. A friend of mine has recently acquired this game, but the computer appears to be not working. Are there any schematics out there, so i can try and fix this ?
Thanks for reading, and best regards from Belgium,
Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
game entry: The Omega Virus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stargate wrote:
game entry: The Omega Virus
If you click on the game page, there are a set of forums for people who want to discuss that game specifically. They're probably not very busy, but you'll have the best shot at finding someone who knows the answer to your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Likely a stupid recommendation, but I'll say it anyway -- make sure you have new batteries in. My copy had good batteries in it and the computer didn't work, put in new batteries and it magically came to life.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
welcomeblankrob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Likely a stupid recommendation, but I'll say it anyway -- make sure you have new batteries in. My copy had good batteries in it and the computer didn't work, put in new batteries and it magically came to life.

S.

Yep. Mine has new batteries in it last year. I check it out today and it wont run. Put in new batteries and it ran fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
'moi' shall EXPECT 'chocolates' as "thanks" on behalf & behest of these others! Naught: empty 'boxes' neither! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Along the same lines of check-first: make sure the contacts are free of corrosion, the batteries are inserted correctly, and the batteries make good contact.

Also, I don't recommend keeping the batteries inside the bay between sessions. Store them in a container with the game. Batteries can leak if left in and the acid will ruin the electronics if it gets inside the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
:what: 'moi' shall EXPECT 'chocolates' as "thanks" on behalf & behest of these others! Naught: empty 'boxes' neither! :shake:

New user? Forgot to subscribe to own thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.