9 Posts

Keyflower» Forums » General

Subject: Older Promos at Essen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
For those knowing R&D for a longer time, do you think older promos would be available at Essen? I would pay 2 Gold and an Anvil to finally get the Beekeeper!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef Kevin
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
The best mats ever!
badge
Yes, that's me in the latte!
mbmbmbmbmb
A rumor is they are going to make a promo pack available of all previous promos in 2017. It's a ways away, but if you can wait it should be reasonably priced at that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
For those knowing R&D for a longer time, do you think older promos would be available at Essen? I would pay 2 Gold and an Anvil to finally get the Beekeeper!

Even if they had older promos, you still wouldn't get the beekeper from them. Like most promos you could get them only at specific places and the beekeper is a BGG promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's honestly not at all an essential tile. I flip-flop on selling mine all the time, and not because I love it or anything.

On the one hand, even I have trouble with the idea of selling what's essentially a bauble for $40+ when I paid $5 for it.

On the other hand, my momma didn't raise a fool, so I'm not going to sell it for less than market price, either.

So mostly when I see it now I just get annoyed with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Young
England
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:

I got mine at the BGG stand last year for €5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisy wrote:
Don Sombrero wrote:

I got mine at the BGG stand last year for €5.

They sold out pretty quickly. By the time I wanted to buy it, they were sold out. And since the item is no longer availble in the geek store, they won't be able to sell more Beekepers at the fair this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
You're not making me happy, guys Perhaps I will find one lying on the floor somewhere

Anyway, thanks for the insight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the plus side there is going to be a new promo that looks even better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Completionism is an illness from which many gamers suffer. Keyflower is not materially better with the beekeeper. (Easy for me to say since I have a copy of the beekeeper.shake)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.