Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
A very quick couple of questions that came up in our first play through last night:

1) When moving land units, is all movement only orthogonal, not diagonal?

2)When a defending unit is retreating, the "path" needs to be across only friendly planets or voids or to an unoccupied planet. Which means that if there is no friendly planet or unoccupied planet, or ship adjacent, the retreating unit is destroyed. Right?

3) There are certain combat cards that allow extra units to be added to the combat under certain conditions. When these units arrive, do you add their dice and roll them, or do they just add their inherent morale bonus?

Cheers in anticipation of your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yep
2) Yep
3) No dice added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Heck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3) Jonathan is right, no dice added. I'd add that in addition to the morale effect, they can also trigger card abilities, retreat or move using card effects, be transformed into other units and absorb hits for you. So a lot more than just morale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
dheck wrote:
3) Jonathan is right, no dice added. I'd add that in addition to the morale effect, they can also trigger card abilities, retreat or move using card effects, be transformed into other units and absorb hits for you. So a lot more than just morale.

Yep, my son managed to do that by using 1 card ability to pull an extra chaos unit in, and his next card ability triggered off the unit he'd brought in.

Cheers for the answers though, I'm sure we'll have more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
2)is incorrect. When you retreat you must retreat to a FRIENDLY world and not an empty (neutral) world, unless you have no other choice. So your options are:

A) retreat along a legal path through any friendly void or planet, to a friendly planet.
B) retreat through friendly void to the first available neutral planet.
C) die.

The big catch to (a) is: you MUST over-stack your units on a friendly world, before you are allowed to do (b).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.