52 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Purple Octopus
msg tools
Can anyone who received a copy confirm that these sleeves actual work for the game (posted here - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1399599/sleeving-kingdom-de...).

I have my copy coming on Monday and want to go buy sleeves, but don't want to mass buy a whole bunch that won't work.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm the square sleeves work for the gear cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely won't be sleeving the equipment cards (I only try to sleeve cards that get shuffled frequently), but I'll let you know if the Standard Euro cards fit or not when I get home in a few hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The purple Fantasy Flight sleeves are too big. Maybe the greens would work better? I don't have any to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
That's not cool, I like the FFG sleeves.

I'll try the Maydays when I get a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
I definitely won't be sleeving the equipment cards (I only try to sleeve cards that get shuffled frequently), but I'll let you know if the Standard Euro cards fit or not when I get home in a few hours.

Do you guys think that coin sleeve pages may work with the square cards? I could see cutting out a 3x3 square of pockets and using that on the player board to house the equipment cards. Of course all deals are off if the square cards are too big.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
The purple Fantasy Flight sleeves are too big. Maybe the greens would work better? I don't have any to tell.

Too big so they wouldn't fit into the storage tray? Would you say that it is even feasible to store all the cards sleeved or would you have to throw out the insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's too much space on each side of the card (for me personally). I don't like when they are like this because they slide around a lot.

They do not fit in the tray at all, unless you angle them. The little slots are too small to angle them and fit all the appropriate decks in.

Here's a (spoiler free) photo of a card in a purple FFG sleeve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:

FFG Greens (Standard American Boardgame) match the listed size of 2.25 x 3.5 inch. (56mm x 87mm)

FFG Purples are 2 5/16 X 3 9/16 inch (59 x 92mm)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
Goddammit. Adam said they were using Euro (purple) in-house, so I bought a bunch of those already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
poeticallybored wrote:
Goddammit. Adam said they were using Euro (purple) in-house, so I bought a bunch of those already.

That's what I'm trying to prevent from happening. Brutal man, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:

FFG green are definitely the right size. They fit really well. Maybe one of your FLGSs will do an exchange? I know some around me would while others here may not. Wouldn't hurt to check.

Also you will need about 13 packs. And for once the box insert gives enough space to fit cards sleeved with the taller FFG sleeves! All other games should take note
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really worried about having to ditch the insert for the sake of keeping the game sleeved, so that's a big relief.

No chance of returns here. I have some LGSs, but no FLGSs, which is why I purchased the sleeves online in the first place actually. I'm sure they'll get used up for something else further on down the line... planning on picking up Euphoria and Dominion: Adventures soonish. Those will take up maybe half of them. Maybe.

I just wasn't really looking to drop another $30+ on sleeves so soon. Ugh. Eats up my gaming budget.

And this is on the coattails another blunder, buying the FFG square sleeves for the gear cards, which turned out to be way too large. I didn't realize there was more than one size of square sleeves out there. My fault though.

This though, Poots had said they were using the Euro-size ones. I guess their playtest cards were a different size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kcBagz wrote:
FFG green are definitely the right size. They fit really well.

If FFG Greens fit, then it sounds like its a job for KMC Perfect Fits.

Best sleeves for poker sized cards on the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are not the same size. Poker/Magic/et cetera are 'Standard.' FFG green packs are 'standard American,' a size geared towards board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:
Those are not the same size. Poker/Magic/et cetera are 'Standard.' FFG green packs are 'standard American,' a size geared towards board games.

Crap, you're right. Had them mixed up with the FFG Green-sized cards I'm dealing with from another game atm.

Dang! I was excited to be able to use KMC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Marcs
msg tools
mb
Sorry fellow adventures of Death, Bring Bad news. After I Sleeved my cards using FFG Greens (Standard American Boardgame), they dont fit back in to the box slot!!! They do fit on the cards perfect though.

____

EDIT: Im sorry i didnt notice under the Manual is more slots for cards...With PLENTY OF ROOM!@!! SO sorry to give everyone a heart attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombiemarcs wrote:
Sorry fellow adventures of Death, Bring Bad news. After I Sleeved my cards using FFG Greens (Standard American Boardgame), they dont fit back in to the box slot!!! They do fit on the cards perfect though.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! I just went and bought 13 packs today cry

I thought Poots said the insert was sleeve friendly. Did I waste my money getting the Swan 52x52 as well? (for the gear cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Lewis
United States
Finleyville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh god, that's even worse news than purples being the wrong size. Poots, what are you thinking? $400 games aren't playable without sleeving cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just above this, KC says the insert does fit them sleeves. Hmm.

I don't really want to obviously, but it it comes down to it, I'll ditch the insert. This game needs to be sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Marcs
msg tools
mb
Sorry guys They Do fit!! I didnt notice that there where more card slots under the instruction manual!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombiemarcs wrote:
Sorry guys They Do fit!! I didnt notice that there where more card slots under the instruction manual!!

You get fed to the Sunstalker. You've brought this upon yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Lewis
United States
Finleyville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, whew. Crisis averted.
So on that note, while FFG Euro (Purple) sleeves are a little too large for the cards, can anyone test to see if they actually fit into the insert? I might just use my too-large sleeves rather than try to return them to CSI after a month...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Marcs
msg tools
mb
Again Sorry to freek you guys out maybe this can help amends for my mistake

All Sleeved up with FFG:Green 2 /14 x 3 1/2 (57x89MM)

Everything to the left is Monster cards (AI,HL,Resources) the cards on the right are all the rest. The monster card tray is one big one the others are dived into smaller slots good for breaking up different card types. There is a third Row With more Slots for cards and spots for tokens as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Holen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Zombiemarcs wrote:
Again Sorry to freek you guys out maybe this can help amends for my mistake

All Sleeved up with FFG:Green 2 /14 x 3 1/2 (57x89MM)

Everything to the left is Monster cards (AI,HL,Resources) the cards on the right are all the rest. The monster card tray is one big one the others are dived into smaller slots good for breaking up different card types. There is a third Row With more Slots for cards and spots for tokens as well.

How many packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.