Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those of us who have read the faq know that the wording for "turns" regarding military ship movement is somewhat of an error in the rulebook, as you are allowed to score military ships multiple times in a turn as long as they are moved in separate actions. My question is whether or not this same logic applies to deferred market actions when scoring a 2nd flag of the same type during the same "turn", but as a separate stevedor action. Specifically, if I scored for example an east US flag during my dice selection action which gave me a market action, which I deferred, and then I use a stevedor card and score another east US flag, does this force me to use (or waste) my market action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It does force you to use or waste your market action.

In reality, nothing is turn based. It is all based on actions. The rules are just written with the assumption that a turn is one action, as most are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except of course the rule that you can't use cards on the turn in which you receive them, which I have to assume means actual game turns, rather than actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
zadokpc wrote:
The deferred market action must be taken when you place the next matching flag.
Same turn, same movement, same action...

This is not true.

FAQ wrote:
Deferred Market actions are triggered by acquiring the next flag on a future turn. For example: a player earns two USA East flags on a single turn. Those flags fill the first column in the row (Market action) and the second column (Load Cargo action). The Market action in the first column can be deferred and maintained in this circumstance. On a future turn, if the player gains a 3rd USA East flag the deferred Market action must be used or is lost.

So to clarify Anson's question, he's asking whether or not the FAQ actually means "Turn" or "Action" here.

I'm curious as well. Rules as written suggests you have to wait for your next turn (after other players have gone) -- just like a Captain/Stevedore card acquired on your current action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
if I scored for example an east US flag during my dice selection action which gave me a market action, which I deferred, and then I use a stevedor card and score another east US flag, does this force me to use (or waste) my market action?

Yes meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
gil orey wrote:
Quote:
if I scored for example an east US flag during my dice selection action which gave me a market action, which I deferred, and then I use a stevedor card and score another east US flag, does this force me to use (or waste) my market action?

Yes meeple

Then the FAQ is incorrect and should say 'Action' instead of 'Turn'?
FAQ v01 Page 2 wrote:
Deferred Market actions are triggered by acquiring the next flag on a future turn. For example: a player earns two USA East flags on a single turn. Those flags fill the first column in the row (Market action) and the second column (Load Cargo action). The Market action in the first column can be deferred and maintained in this circumstance. On a future turn, if the player gains a 3rd USA East flag the deferred Market action must be used or is lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.