Bari
BA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some news taken from the daVinci website:

UNCLE WILL – important notice, please read

We have recently seen copies of the “BANG!” card “Uncle Will” for sale on several sites.

We have also seen several misguiding messages introducing the card, such as that the card is no longer available.

While it is not our intention to interfere with this lucrative activity, we want to inform all BANG! fans that, as specified in our web site, the easiest way to get this card from daVinci Games is to send a S.A.S.E. including three I.R.C.s to the address below:

daVinci Editrice S.r.l.
Via C. Bozza, Ellera
I-06073 Corciano (PG), Italy

You will not only get an Uncle Will for free, but also our entire assortment of free Bonsai cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Sounds great!

But will the Italian post office accept envelopes stamped with US stamps for postage? Assuming not, how can non-Italian gamers take advantage of this generous offer?

(And what are IRCs?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I am interested in this as well, but how can American fans get in on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Feige
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a recent purchaser of Bang! I too am interested (and US based)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IRCs are International Reply Coupons.

US Post Offices (and many other countries' post offices) sell them. They can then be traded in for air mail postage at the recipient's post office.

So you really only send a SAE, not an SASE, and include 3 IRCs to cover the return postage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find them at usps.com. Do you have a link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I walk up to the counter and ask a person for them.

But here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reply_coupon

And a picture:
http://www.upu.int/irc/en/2006_version.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Now, how much do they cost in the USA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each IRC in theory costs exactly the amount of an airmail letter stamp.
In the US, that's $0.84

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
According to (and here is a USPS link for you): http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immc3_007.html (See 372.3)

Cost in the US is $1.85 per coupon.

So, the total would be $6.39 for 3 IRCs and postage to send them to Italy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know they still existed. The only place I had heard about them before was this book (which I thought was a pretty good book):

Ponzi: The Incredible True Story of the King of Financial Cons

http://www.amazon.com/Ponzi-Incredible-Financial-Library-Lar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaYa Hanák
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For hungarian players: I have some Uncle Will (I got it from DaVinci Games, thank you). Just find me, and I will give you a card.

ComPaYa WebShop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
You can also contact Mayfair in the US for the card as well. That's what I did (e-mailed them through their website) and they were more than happy to send me the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Good day.

Dork. And sensitive, too! Shall I call the waambulance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
theconcerned wrote:
Quote:
Good day.

Dork. And sensitive, too! Shall I call the waambulance?

Dork? Geez Karl, get it right will ya. It's Board Game GEEKdevil

A waambulance? I can see from your post just how clever you are. So you don't really need me to tell you what you can go do with that waambulance. Do you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lu·cra·tive (lū'krə-tĭv) adj.

Producing wealth; profitable: a lucrative income; a lucrative marketing strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Germarish wrote:
ilsilvano wrote:
Some news taken from the daVinci website:

UNCLE WILL – important notice, please read

We have recently seen copies of the “BANG!” card “Uncle Will” for sale on several sites.

We have also seen several misguiding messages introducing the card, such as that the card is no longer available.

While it is not our intention to interfere with this lucrative activity, we want to inform all BANG! fans that, as specified in our web site, the easiest way to get this card from daVinci Games is to send a S.A.S.E. including three I.R.C.s to the address below:

daVinci Editrice S.r.l.
Via C. Bozza, Ellera
I-06073 Corciano (PG), Italy

You will not only get an Uncle Will for free, but also our entire assortment of free Bonsai cards!

Uncle Will - important response, please read.

At first I was unsure if I should even bother with a response to your post. But with the amount of interest it has generated, I decided it would be a good idea.

First let me say that I have no ill will to express about daVinci Games. I think that they are a very good company that produces some great games.

You wrote in your post that the Uncle Will card has recently been for sale on several sites. I have sold some Bang cards. One of which was an Uncle Will card. I can not be sure how much of your negative statement about "lucrative activity" was directed at me. However, I can say that it would be entirely unwarranted. Perhaps some of your meaning was lost in translation. But by saying "lucrative activity", it certainly seems your implying an accusation that this was lucrative behavior, a con, sneaky. I have done no such thing. As shown by all the other comments, many people (including myself) were "misguided" and unaware of the cards availability. I emailed daVinci Games about this card and another game this past Fall but did not receive a response back. I have completed over 1,000 transactions. All of which have been positive. It would be impossible to have accomplished this wit h even a hint of any lucrative (sneaky) behavior.

I see no wrong with anyone selling or trading an item such as this card if they no longer want or need it. You wrote for people not to pay for the card. But as stated above it would cost approx $6.39 to get it the card for free from daVinci Games. And it's not as if the card was sold for much more than that. So I would hardly consider the selling worth of it to be called a "lucrative activity".

You have said that you "do not intend to interfere". I don't understand why you wouldn't want to contact anyone that you know of selling this card on all these "other sites". Wouldn't it serve you(daVinci Games) and other gamers best to inform anyone selling this card that they should edit their desrciptions of the cards availability accordingly. Wasn't that the whole idea behind your original post? And you may also want to consider editing your own comments (accusations) accordingly. As a representative for daVinci Games, I hope that you will give a little more time to think before you accuse people of wrong doing. For it could be just as easy to accuse you of acting lucratively. Assumptions could be made that your one post has created a enough buzz for daVinci Games to equal a future lucrative amount 1,000 fold what it would cost to give out a single free card.

Good day.

No, I think the author of the game did alright here and it is you that should refrain from such extreme reaction. You sold a card that the maker is offering for shipping costs. Fine. The maker is fine with that, as are the rest of us who may even buy from you if the price is right. But they did not contact you or 'other sites' because policing you is not their business. Instead, they noted the practices they have seen (including the 'now unavailable' practice) without naming anyone and posted to as broad an audience as they can reasonably get to announce the facts of their offer.

I suggest you find and contact these other sites if there are such deceptive practices as bringing about bad publicity from all such sellers.

In the meantime, let's not jump on the manufacturer for reminding folks from whom they can get the expansion card.

Good day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
No, I think the author of the game did alright here and it is you that should refrain from such extreme reaction. You sold a card that the maker is offering for shipping costs. Fine. The maker is fine with that, as are the rest of us who may even buy from you if the price is right. But they did not contact you or 'other sites' because policing you is not their business. Instead, they noted the practices they have seen (including the 'now unavailable' practice) without naming anyone and posted to as broad an audience as they can reasonably get to announce the facts of their offer.

I suggest you find and contact these other sites if there are such deceptive practices as bringing about bad publicity from all such sellers.

In the meantime, let's not jump on the manufacturer for reminding folks from whom they can get the expansion card.

Good day.

EXACTLY!

Quote:
Dork? Geez Karl, get it right will ya. It's Board Game GEEK

A waambulance? I can see from your post just how clever you are. So you don't really need me to tell you what you can go do with that waambulance. Do you?

"Geek" in this context is actually a compliment, so maybe you were confused as to what I was trying to do. Hint: not compliment. But if you listen really carefully, you can hear that waambulance in the distance . . .

Oh, I almost forgot:

Good Day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:

Good day.

I see where your coming from and I can appreciate what you've said here.
But allow me to fill in a few of the blanks here.

Right after the info was posted about the Uncle Will card, and the misguided messages about it from certain people selling it. I got several email's from people about how I was misleading people with my lucrative behavior for selling an Uncle Will card. So I wasn't alone in thinking that the statement was at least partially directed towards me at the time. It wasn't until I got these email's that I felt I needed to respond back. First, to stop anyone else reading here from emailing me that I was misleading people. And second, in response to anyone that had already said so or thought that might be the case. Now that that has been done I'll edit my original post.

Having said that, I'm sorry if my reactions seemed misguided or extreme. But I had had my fill of being told I was misleading poeple when I wasn't. That's exactly why it would have been more helpful if the daVinci's posted information had also been passed along to anyone known to be selling one of these cards at the time.

To be honest, in the end I'm glad this thread has gotten the response and attention that it has. As a result there will be a lot more people that will now that they can add this expansion to their games.

And in keeping with the spirit of this thread.
Here's wishing you good day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

"Geek" in this context is actually a compliment, so maybe you were confused as to what I was trying to do. Hint: not compliment. But if you listen really carefully, you can hear that waambulance in the distance . . .

Oh, I almost forgot:

Good Day!

I got it. Anyone reading it got it. It's you that isn't getting it.

You see in this context "clever" is actually sarcasm. So maybe you were confused as to what I was trying to do.

Look Carl, your waambulance post was just plain laame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:

You see in this context "clever" is actually sarcasm. So maybe you were confused as to what I was trying to do.

Yes, fine, "waambulance" is lame. It was, however, supposed to be lame -- unlike your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theconcerned wrote:
Quote:

Yes, fine, "waambulance" is lame. It was, however, supposed to be lame -- unlike your post.

My post wasn't lame. It was laame. You caught that? You are a clever one after all.

I'm done wasting time going round after round with you. If you want any more responses from me just see my avatar. It will be there 24/7 for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What is with you and the word "clever?" Clever, as in Einstein with his tongue stuck out? Let's see . . . that would mean that you're smart, yet know how to have a little fun? Wow, that is clever! Well, looks like you've got me beat in the Kingdom of Cleverdom, so as suggested, I'll just stare at your avatar, knowing a response will never come . . .

By the way, King Clever, it's Karl.

Good Day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.