Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » News

Subject: Limited Component Upgrades for Essen 2015 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I have recently discovered that we will not receive the bulk of our wooden component upgrades in time for Essen.

For the show, we will have 500 copies of the game available but only 50 component upgrade kits.

In order to ensure that you will receive a copy of the game and upgrades we urge anyone able to pre-order in advance of the show.

The upgrade kits will be given to pre-orders first and any remaining will be given with purchases of the game on a first-come first-served basis.

Details on pre-ordering can be found on the Grey Fox Games site here.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What about those of us that can't attend Essen, but would like to have the wooden upgrades?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there on wensday already cpuld i pick my pre order then ? or do i have to wait till Thursday ? I'm demoing for Mage company i hope i can get to your booth in time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
What about those of us that can't attend Essen, but would like to have the wooden upgrades?


Hi James,

Upgrade kits will be available as add-ons in retail shortly after the game releases in the US.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wolverine1977 wrote:
I will be there on wensday already cpuld i pick my pre order then ? or do i have to wait till Thursday ? I'm demoing for Mage company i hope i can get to your booth in time.


Hi Steven,

If you pre-order we will hold your copy so there will be no need to worry about arriving in time. Any day of the convention is fine for pre-order pick up.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh, will you post if/when you received so many pre-orders that you're out of upgrade bits?

I've just pre-ordered assuming I'll get the bits, but would like reassurance I'm in the first 50
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
What ARE the upgrade pieces?
Are the base game... not wooden components already? Are these somehow more wooden than the ones in the game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
What ARE the upgrade pieces?
Are the base game... not wooden components already? Are these somehow more wooden than the ones in the game?


They are not more wooden, they are more shapely. laugh

The game comes with redish cubes for food and brown cubes for wood.

The upgrades are hunks of meat and logs.

They are all wood. Or at least 99% wood - I guess the paint is not wood based.

And sure, I will update when we have exceeded 50 preorders.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FritzBraun wrote:
Josh, will you post if/when you received so many pre-orders that you're out of upgrade bits?

I've just pre-ordered assuming I'll get the bits, but would like reassurance I'm in the first 50


Hey everyone, the wooden upgrades are pretty much spoken for at this time.
When I confirmed the shipment with the manufacturer, he said there were "about 50" and we have 40 some odd preorders now.

I have a couple upgrade kits in the office, which I will bring to accomodate as many as possible but any further pre-orders will not have wooden bits guaranteed.

If you are able, I still recommend pre-ordering as we expect the games to go fast.

Thanks again for all the support and we'll see you at Essen!

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roeland VL
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Josh,

I ordered Champions of Midgard as an add-on to Deception a while ago. Will I get the game with or without the upgrade kit?

Cheers,
Roeland
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernetica wrote:
Hi Josh,

I ordered Champions of Midgard as an add-on to Deception a while ago. Will I get the game with or without the upgrade kit?

Cheers,
Roeland


Hi Roeland,

The upgrade kits were originally conceived of as con exclusive bits so pre-orders for delivery do not come with them.

That being said, there has been so much demand by people wanting to buy them separately to go with their retail copies, we have asked for more to be made for individual sale.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roeland VL
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
cybernetica wrote:
Hi Josh,

I ordered Champions of Midgard as an add-on to Deception a while ago. Will I get the game with or without the upgrade kit?

Cheers,
Roeland


Hi Roeland,

The upgrade kits were originally conceived of as con exclusive bits so pre-orders for delivery do not come with them.

That being said, there has been so much demand by people wanting to buy them separately to go with their retail copies, we have asked for more to be made for individual sale.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games

Thanks for the info.
Great to hear the upgrade kits will become available for sale.
I'm very much looking forward to this game!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to be sure: I pre-ordered and paid for my copy as soon as you announced the pre-order program was live, this means when my friend picks up my copy I will in fact get the wooden components seeing as I was one of the first people to pre-order?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There appears to be a note on the pre-order list to say who gets the upgrade kit and who doesn't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
So just to be sure: I pre-ordered and paid for my copy as soon as you announced the pre-order program was live, this means when my friend picks up my copy I will in fact get the wooden components seeing as I was one of the first people to pre-order?


When we printed the list of emails from paypall we had exactly as many pre-orders as upgrade kits and I even brought two extra from the office.
Barring any issues with the list, anyone who pre-ordered should receive the upgrade kit.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend picked up my copy and I can confirm she received the extra components .
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Verhaevert
Belgium
Merchtem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up my preorder on thursday but did not receive the upgrade kit though I preordered.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, you definitely should have received the upgrade kit. Please email me and I will see what went wrong and take care of it for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Kupisz
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Joshua,

I am still before my first play through of Champions of Midgard, hopefully I will get to to this this week, can't wait.

I have opened the box to check the components and noticed one of the white dice is indented on all sides. I am sure this will not have any effect on the gameplay, it simply hurts my eyes. Is there any way I could order the upgarded components pack to ship from Europe and get that single white die as well ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cieq wrote:
Hi Joshua,

I am still before my first play through of Champions of Midgard, hopefully I will get to to this this week, can't wait.

I have opened the box to check the components and noticed one of the white dice is indented on all sides. I am sure this will not have any effect on the gameplay, it simply hurts my eyes. Is there any way I could order the upgarded components pack to ship from Europe and get that single white die as well ?


Maciej, please send me an email: josh@greyfoxgames.com and I we will find a solution for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmic_devil wrote:
That being said, there has been so much demand by people wanting to buy them separately to go with their retail copies, we have asked for more to be made for individual sale.

Josh, any updates on whether/when this promo will be available in retail? Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4ntonio wrote:
Karmic_devil wrote:
That being said, there has been so much demand by people wanting to buy them separately to go with their retail copies, we have asked for more to be made for individual sale.

Josh, any updates on whether/when this promo will be available in retail? Thanks!


Hi Antonio,

We have had more made. They will arrive at the warehouse when the next print run of games do. The intent is to make them available through our website (which needs updating first). So they will be available for purchase. My guess is they will be avialable Q1 2016.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.