Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's that time again-- time for embarrassing errata!

It seems like every time I have a new game come out, myself and the proofers and playtesters go over the same text again and again (and again), confident that we didn't miss anything-- and then it turns out we did.

In 2.4, it states that the English start with Initiative, while 3.0 gives it to the French. 3.0 is correct.

The Player Aid page has several mistakes. I don't know what to say about this other than that we, and particularly me, goofed. I'm awfully embarrassed about this. So, here we go...
d10-1 The PAC refers to Units being Suppressed. This of course should be Disrupted. "Suppressed" is a similar game state that exists in other games in the Shields & Swords series, but not in "We Happy Few". The Rules are correct.
d10-2 The modifiers list on the PAC states that it is -2CC/-4CC when attacking against defensive stakes. The Rules and the CRT list it correctly as -1CC/-2CC.
d10-3 The PAC lists the Fire Modifiers as negative/minuses, when they are positive/pluses as represented in the rules.

So, the Rules are correct in the above three instances, and the game works and everything, but the Player Aid page doesn't Aid the Players all that much. I am of course quite embarrassed and very sorry about this.

I just uploaded rules with the correct page-- waiting for them to be approved. These will also be corrected on the next printing of the game.

I would like to thank Kent Reuber for his attention to the PAC in particular.

Well, so far no one's found anything wrong in Gaines's Mill. Give it some time, though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tom. It would be nice to see what the map and counter graphics look like...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered this, so your clarifications are appreciated. Just looking for a simple game on the subject, so this looks great. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.