Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Renato CorrĂȘa
Brazil
Florianopolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How good Ancient World is in a long run? I mean, I have read the few reviews that exist here, but I was not able to make my mind about this game. Could anyone here, a good samaritan, analyze my profile and say if this game is a good one for me?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't really make that determination based on your owned games, but I do know that I enjoy the game.

It's a lovely combination of set collection, worker placement and skillful resource management, with the ability to be quite mean to other players with specific chokepoints for placing works, if you and your group want to play it that way.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
You won't like it. Your high rated games are much more complex than ancient world. AW is a very simple gateway worker placement game. There are better WP games out there. AW's biggest asset is its artwork. Gameplay for us (2 player) fell completely flat. And be aware that if you do buy it, and don't like it, resale value is not good. I can't sell it for even half its list price. There is zero interest, and that is strange, because its a fairly new game from a designer that has other well received games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
I think you'd probably have some fun with The Ancient World for a while, but not as much as other things. I suspect you would end up rating it somewhere between 6 and 7.5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato CorrĂȘa
Brazil
Florianopolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, thanks a lot for your opinion. I am definitely removing Ancient World from my whishlist. It looks very interesting and beautiful but I think is not my cup of tea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.