Nations: Dynasties» Forums » General

Subject: Nations boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no clue which Nations are tied to which board, but is there any reason why excactly these 2 are on the same board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika Bailey
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
I don't know whether there is a reason for what specific nations are on opposites sides of one board. But the reason why there are only 6 double sided boards instead of 12 single sided ones was to keep production costs low. (I think)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I thought so too
But now certain nations can't be in the same game and I would like to know if there is some specific reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
To keep the cost down. With 12 new + 5 from the base game, all with new Dynasties, the variation is very high and the sacrifice of having each board not possible to play against one of the rest is small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
well that's disappointing news. those cost cutting measures make me want to deploy my cost cutting measures & not purchase this expansion. i'd rather pay a few dollars more and be unrestricted in my choice of nations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:
To keep the cost down. With 12 new + 5 from the base game, all with new Dynasties, the variation is very high and the sacrifice of having each board not possible to play against one of the rest is small.

but how did you decide which nations are on opposite sites?
is there any xplanation or just random
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
well that's disappointing news. those cost cutting measures make me want to deploy my cost cutting measures & not purchase this expansion. i'd rather pay a few dollars more and be unrestricted in my choice of nations

On the other hand there are players that would complain a lot if all boards were singles, as it would make the game more expensive, heavier, more stuff to handle during setup etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:

but how did you decide which nations are on opposite sites?
is there any xplanation or just random

Nations that were historically or geographically close to each other are not on opposite sides. How they are paired mechanics-wise is intentional, but the effect of the pairing on gameplay is so small compared to everything else that it is of very minor consequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Allen

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with it. If its that big a deal to people it shouldn't be tough for anyone to copy the six B sides and laminate them. If you want a lighter/cheaper package, leave it as is. If you want 12 separate nation boards, some minor legwork will get it done. A good compromise all around in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who reviewed the boards and cards for Rustan, they're beautifully designed with some clever new mechanics. As a game developer who values quality over quantity, the Nations team has assembled a great expansion.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having not seen the new player boards I could be way off base here but couldn't the expansion just included start buildings/powers that you could over lay on the A side boards from the base game to create the new nations? Then all the expansion would be is a deck of cards which I assume would reduce cost and box size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quartersmostly wrote:
Having not seen the new player boards I could be way off base here but couldn't the expansion just included start buildings/powers that you could over lay on the A side boards from the base game to create the new nations? Then all the expansion would be is a deck of cards which I assume would reduce cost and box size.

There are more differences than just the building/military cards, for example all have different start resources, Mongolia has Strength upkeep and some have different number of card slots and some. Having cards for this would have been very fiddly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez people have been clamoring for an expansion and now complaining that 2 different nations are printed on one board?

Just copy one side if your that concerned about it.

I, for one, cannot wait for this to come out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Wapstra
Netherlands
Steenwijk
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:

Only one night sleep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAWA wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

Only one night sleep

Not for us on the other side of the planet. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the new nation "boards" the same thickness as the "sheets" (too thin to call boards) in the base game or are they thicker and more sturdy ?

Thanks

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.