Subject: Enchanting... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
I just refreshed the kickstarter page to see how the pledge level is rising and was thrilled to see that Isaac already posted new stretch goals!

While every single one of them is really cool and I look forward to them very much, one of them stands out by just saying "Enchanting".
So I am of course eager to know more about this, since the word itself could mean a lot of different things...
so anyone have any ideas?

Could it mean that there will be effects that enchant areas of the level with spells that wane over time or could it mean that weapons and equipment can be further customized by enchanting them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May be you "enchant" your Attack-Modifier-Deck

Adding to +1 another +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it's the ability to modify your attack-modifier deck or the ability to create a weapon or bonus for some items. Enchanting as a way of crafting. Not sure exactly how it'd work, but the idea of being able to further tailor your character is quite enthralling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would bet for a system for modifying items.

but for sure, this sg will enchant us to check the ks updates, again and again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you already have perks to customize your attack modifier deck. Enchanting allows you to augment your existing ability cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be neat if certain rare resources were required. Things that you could either find, or pay too much time acquire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will sullivan
msg tools
so enchanting augments cards? i wonder how that'll work in a streamlined fashion? stickers to add to cards or something? that'd be inline with the persistent changes vibe.

in anycase i'm sure it's all in hand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shalin wrote:
so enchanting augments cards? i wonder how that'll work in a streamlined fashion? stickers to add to cards or something? that'd be inline with the persistent changes vibe.

I like the idea of stickers to permanently augment. Right inline with the way the game evolves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Burger
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
shalin wrote:

I like the idea of stickers to permanently augment. Right inline with the way the game evolves!

Sure, but who said the enchants would be permanent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Adamacer wrote:
Sure, but who said the enchants would be permanent?

No one yet, but it's a pretty common concept in fantasy video games these days.

It wouldn't have to be permanent, but I hope it is.

(And, of course, I'm looking forward to the wailing and gnashing of teeth from those who can't handle permanence. whistle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Burger
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind having both, cheaper, but potentially more powerful, enchants with "charges/duration" and more expensive but somewhat weaker permanent enchants.

=)

Edit: You would still only be able to enchant each item once. But would again give players a choice what to do, pay alot for a long term weak enchant or pay less for an enchant that will lose it's potency after awhile? This game is built around choices and would be much more "inline" with the theme than "stickers".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could always put stickers on the outside of card sleeves if not wanting the permanence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.