Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the revised manual, for the reinforcement rule, it suggests all squares two tiles away from the contested room with the survivor group should be consulted for eligible zombie hordes or spawn tokens to move, e.g.

X|X|X|X|X
-+-+-+-+-
X| | | |X
-+-+-+-+-
X| |C| |X
-+-+-+-+-
X| | | |X
-+-+-+-+-
X|X|X|X|X

C = Contested room
X = tiles two squares from contested room

However, the rules then state only zombies who can reach the contested room with a move of two can then move. This means, ignoring walls and the like, then only four squares will ever be eligible for this:

| |X| |
-+-+-+-+-
| | | |
-+-+-+-+-
X| |C| |X
-+-+-+-+-
| | | |
-+-+-+-+-
| |X| |

This... doesn't seem right to me. But the revised rulebook clearly marks out the two tiles away as being the X's in the first diagram. Any zombie within 1 square (inc. diagonally) would already be eligible to move and attack this round anyway, so it makes sense. But I still feel I'm misreading this rule, so would appreciate someone telling me where I'm going wrong!

Cheers,
Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you are right. It would be too deadly if it weren't.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it specify "a move of two?" I wonder if disco zombies (who move three) would trigger from any of the spaces marked with Xs. I would assume so.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Wagner
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
ryanjamal wrote:
Does it specify "a move of two?" I wonder if disco zombies (who move three) would trigger from any of the spaces marked with Xs. I would assume so.
-ryanjamal

It does so. However, as a house rule we always play it that disco dolls may move 3 tiles for reinforcement. Disco dolls are very weak after all since they don't get triggered more often than regular zombies which often enough reach you in two steps. Disco dolls only got the advantage of moving faster around walls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.