Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Realm of Discord rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
russell gowlett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have oftem wondered about the card Imbued Vitality from the realm of discord.
Once the ongoings/equipemt become targets, do they stay that way even if Imbued Vitality leaves, or do they stop being targets once the cards leaves.
I always play they stay as targets, but thematically could be either way, and the card is not 100% clear - I see Spiffs FAQs do not cover that point.
Any official answer on that? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the online version, ongoings and equipment revert to normal as soon as Imbued Vitality leaves play. Any damage they have taken vanishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Could be mistaken but in general don't all card text effects "go away" when the subject card is destroyed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That may well be; I can't think of any exceptions off hand.

(The effects os some one-shots may linger for a specified period, for instance Nightmist's Mistbound, but one-shots are discarded, not destroyed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell gowlett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
I Could be mistaken but in general don't all card text effects "go away" when the subject card is destroyed?

I guess the online version must be right then!
Indeed, thats what confused me with this card - the text would certainly go away when the card does - however, there is no indication to remove the HP counters once the card goes, thus the cards would still have counters on them, and thus stay as targets.
Adding the words "while this card is in play" would have solved any confusion methinks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
discombob wrote:
the text would certainly go away when the card does - however, there is no indication to remove the HP counters once the card goes, thus the cards would still have counters on them, and thus stay as targets.

Tokens do not a target make. Only if the card is a target is the card a target, not some note or memory aid of what happened last round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Static effects disappear as soon as the card leaves play, they also become active the instant the card enters play.

Effects that last "until. . ." Last until the effect says. For instance Omnitron's text about the game not ending is activated by his destruction, and lasts until all drones leave play. His card leaves play though, so his advanced text no longer affects the game, because it is a static effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.