Risk» Forums » Variants

Subject: Timing is everything!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stacey Harrison
Canada
flag msg tools
devil
In my house rules of RISK , I have the following rules, to add a little 'thinking' to the game

1) the WildCard aka the Jokers- I like to deal out the cards at the beginning of the game, to get territories , and if you get the joker you get an extra 2 armies per joker, so if you get both, you get 4 extra armies. This is in effect at the beginning of the game only.

2) the timing is everything.... You know that cashing in for the armies is a matter of timing, and knowing when to cash in, that is the question. I have this rule in my games, and it makes for VERY VERY interesting times: the Cards cash in: 4,6,8,10,12,15,20,25...then back to 4,6, etc... This way, you have to time your cash in, and be aware of your opponents card numbers, as they might cash in before you, and...POOF your vision of 25 armies has been reduced to 4. Sux to be you, if you wait for the cash in. Helps prevent the card hogs, get rid of their cards in a timely fashion. As well, the game, I think, moves at a faster pace, as there is no astronomical build of armies , as well, it changes the number of armies on the board to a reasonable number.

3) when you cash in, you get 2 bonus armies per country if you own it, but when you cash in with a joker, you get 2 bonus men, to place on ANY 1 country you own, on top of the cash in values, so in theory, you could hand in Iceland as well as a Joker , so you could re-enforce a place like Iceland with 4 FREE armies {or Peru, Indonesia{like anyone would want to re-enforce there! etc}, the list is endless.

Just a couple of things to spice up, a otherwise perfect game...hahaha...come here Australia, I have a little something for you....
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory...lasts forever"-Sean Falco
from the nefarious mind of the wolfbite<Stacey Harrison

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.